Little Mr. said, why id love to tangle your yarn and suck on your knitting needles. Take all the time you need distracted with that black box
Here is the happy little pile that slowly grows
I also made a little yellow bonnet and a stripey sock. Yep, just the one sock. The sock is a match to the little jumper I'm making so I will either have enough wool to make the other sock or have to unravel this one to finish the jumper. Only time will tell, I have my fingers crossed the wool stretches further than I think it willNext weekend Benny and I are going camping at the river with our parents, sisters and their families as a little celebration of our engagement (a little late as we were waiting for fire ban season to end) I'm making our niece and nephew hats that I've promised them. Terleahs pink hat is done and I have my fingers crossed that it fits her. The yarn is an 8 ply that she chose in Broken Hill. Its so thin that it sort of seemed more like 4ply, I wish I would have doubled it but anyhow, ill see how it goes. Dylan's green hat was improvised based on a hurricane hat pattern I used a few years ago (made last weekend when I was at the hut and didn't have a pattern) Its looking good but... I might run out of yarn. Yes again!
And I almost forgot to add this picture of my gorgeous little godson in another of my recent knits.I made him a little cable hat to keep him warm. He looks a little un impressed but apparently he keeps it on which means he likes it:)
I got the most exiting package today! Almost 4 weeks before my birthday but Benny let me open it now anyway. He didn't even need bribery but if he did I'm pretty sure I would have stooped to that level:)
Anyhow... I'm off to do some spinning!







What lovely knits! And what a wonderful birthday gift. Holding good thoughts for your one day baby!
ReplyDeleteOh what gorgeous knits you have made. I have a box full of handknits so that if I ever run out of gifts or dont finish one in time I can go to it and select something special. I am sure that one day you will have a little one to wear them!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the wheel! I've heard excellent things about the Joy - you'll have to let us all know how you like it! (:
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful gift! I'm totally jealous. My FIL has an old one in his attic put won't let me have it :(
ReplyDeleteYou're starting to have a very nice pile! I love the rainbow sweater! I'm sure each stitches in bringing "one day baby" closer :)
Lovely knits! I love the rainbow sweater. :-) I hope you have enough yarn for both of your projects.
ReplyDeleteOh wow, I love our knittings! And your beautiful spinningweel too, how lovely he gave you such a nice present
ReplyDeleteOk i LOVE hat little rainbow sweater. so sweet. and that one sock... lovely.
ReplyDeletehappy knitting!
What a great gift! Your knitting is so lovely are you making anything special for the gift giver?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful knitting and beautiful spinning wheel!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift, lucky you!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch lovely knits.
Look at that pile of knits growing! Don't forget to tuck some herb sachets in there to repel moths. Moth holes would be devastating! And remember the difference in height between a 0-3m and 8m old baby is crazy, they grow like weeds in the firt 6 months. Although I did find the 0-3m size very short and boxy too.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a happy pile of knits!!!
ReplyDeleteMy lo loves to tangle yarn, keepes her distracted for ages :)
And that spinning wheel, is wonderful!
Such a pretty stack of knits. And I love the plans for the single sock. Hoping you can make its mate.
ReplyDeleteYou will make a lovely mama, one day....... keep on adding to that all important pile of baby knits. xxx
ReplyDeleteSo much lovely baby stuff there. Nothing better than a tiny handknit xx
ReplyDeleteI love your little knits, so colourful! x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful knits...I love the tulip sweater, and I'm awed by your spinning wheel!
ReplyDeleteNice wheel and lovely knits!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a happy time spinning!