For a long time I've been wanting a wooden play kitchen for my Apple Blossom day care.
I contemplated making one but it was far (far far) beyond my woodworking capabilities.
After months of looking for something second hand that I could make into one I stumbled upon this gorgeous little kitchen dresser!
I still cant believe my luck, once I add a sink, stove burners and taps it will be exactly what I wanted but didn't think I was going to be able to in my wildest dreams find! Beautiful handmade play kitchens are few and far between in Australia but I've finally scored us one. I pick it up on Sunday and look forward to sharing photos of it done up and polished very soon
Martha B Rabbit, the fairies cook has been my favorite nap time book lately and I love seeing parts of it acted out in the children's play, so sweet:) I cant wait to see the day care boys play cooking and preserving in the new (old:) little kitchen
I took my knitting along to my friends beach shack on the weekend and one of the tiny needles got snapped. Not that it was so bad, I really didn't need my knitting to distract me from the beauty and wonderful friends I was surrounded by. We had such a fabulous time and once my needles are replaced the sock knitting will continue. On the Saturday night we made friends with a fox. Sarah's boyfriend tempted him to the back door with sausage and bread and he was quite friendly. Foxes are introduced pest here in australia but they are so beautiful, much like rabbits
While I wait for new needles I make some little projects




Oh, I can't wait to see the kitchen you're going to make!I came across this one yesterday http://szentpyr.blogspot.com/2011/10/lanykucko-2.html If my girls didn't already have one... Have fun!
ReplyDeletethat one is so completely gorgeous! I cant wait to see mine either, fingers crossed it turns out how iv'e envisioned it:)
ReplyDeleteOhhh! What a wonderful find! And I bet it will turn out so beautifully :-) I'm also on the look out, I will cross my fingers that I happen across something as wonderful
ReplyDeleteill cross my fingers for you, ebay and gum tree have been my best places to look
DeleteThat does look like a great find. I often think second hand is the best. Love those little socks!
ReplyDeleteI agree, second hand is great! Especially with quality wooden things, give them a sand and refinish and their good as new
DeleteI am so jealous of the kitchen cabinet!! I have been hunting for one to make that exact thing for my boys. I really look forward to seeing it all finished!!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your search, Ive seen a few good ones on ebay and gum tree. The week before I found this I spotted a fab hand made kitchen but sadly it was too big for the space I wanted to put it. Keep an eye out and one will come up
DeleteThat sock pattern is beautiful! And the play kitchen will be great! I never seem to be able to find any good deals...maybe I am not looking hard enough :-)
ReplyDeleteI know, isnt it just. Lace is tricky for me but I couldn't resist:)
DeleteOh, the kitchen will be gorgeous - I think I have a very bad case of kitchen envy!
ReplyDeleteI am thinking that I would have snapped the needles on purpose! Maybe after many more years of practicing knitting I might get brave enough to try something that small.
Thank you for stopping by - looking foward to seeing the end result of the kitchen (no pressure or anything)
Blessings
Karen
he he, you figured me out I snapped it in frustration (not really but if I kept going perhaps I would have:)
DeleteTalk about a fantastic find! That would make a lovely play kitchen. I have been looking for a hutch like this to hold my dishes in my kitchen for ages! Your lucky! Make sure you post pictures of the kitchen.
ReplyDeleteI know right! pictures to come
DeleteI'd love to try that sock pattern, what is it? Also that yarn is gorgeous. Your play kitchen is going to be beautiful I can feel your excitement x
ReplyDeletesock pattern-
Deletehttp://www.ravelry.com/projects/karen88/toe-up-spring-forward-socks---adapted-by-avalonne
happy knitting:)
yeah for the kitchen! that one will be amazing when you have it all finished!
ReplyDeleteyou are funny! knitting with toothpick sized needles. LOL so true! well, when ever the socks get finished i am sure they will be lovely.
yes, I think they will be worth it... just:)
DeleteOMGOMGOMG!!!! The single most wonderful thing I think I've ever seen thrift!!!!!! I stumbled upon your blog and I am so in love and totally smitten ;p
ReplyDeletethank youfor sharing your goodness with all of us! We are similar and in on the same great paths!
Blessing to you!
Samantha
And I have to say, I stumbled upon your blog a while back but lost it :( boo. I found it again and am soooo happy ;)
Deleteyes I think it would be in my top 5 all time best thrift finds! welcome back:)
DeleteWhat a great find!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the sock needles. I hope your socks get some love soon.
me too. I cant wait to get back to them
DeleteGRRReat find!! it looks homemade! you are a very skilled knittress. like the sock so far!
ReplyDeleteapparently it was made by a local cabinet maker. Hand made, local and recycled, its ticking a whole lot of boxes for me:)
DeleteOh my word that little dresser is amazing! Looking forward to seeing the finished kitchen :)
ReplyDeletethankyou!
DeleteWow, I love the colour of that dresser! It's beautiful. It's going to make a fantastic play kitchen. Stumbled across your blog as part of the Yarn Along. Looking forward to seeing how the socks and the kitchen turn out :)
ReplyDeletehappy yarning along!
DeleteThat dresser is lovely. I also like the booties.
ReplyDelete