Friday, December 14, 2012

painting our doll house

 I never was happy with the colour of our  doll house so while the little ones napped Cameron and I painted its roof blue
He thought it was great and did such a neat job.
Incidentally when we finished he wasn't finished with the colour blue. I left him to have some quiet play time on his own as I always do while the others nap. I found him in the bathroom looking rather sheepish and trying to hide his bright blue hands that were stained with food dye. An entire bottles worth! Oh my! I didn't need to say much at all, he was in the bathroom for a good while scrubbing his hands and when he came out he said to me sure as can be that he would not be doing that again!
 Anyhow, the doll house turned out a brighter shade than I intended. Its always hard to judge how much a colour will change as it dries. Never mind, it will either grow on me or we will have another fun painting day

2 comments:

  1. Haha a learning opportunity for Cameron :) I say as long as nobody and nothing got hurt then it's all good fun.
    Paint never ever looks like you thought when it dries - the babys room colour looks nowhere near the same shade as the paint chart. But that dollshouse is fantastic whatever colour it is. You could paint a little vine of flowers up the side of the house and over the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes indeed, it actually cracked me up a little but of course I tried not to let that show:) I like the idea of the vine, pretty

      Delete