I'm getting married on Saturday! I'm so excited!
I've had lots of moments looking forward to all the phone calls and organizing to be over and its such a good a good feeling being past most of it and so very close to the fun beginning!
Everything is looking just as I dreamed it would. Or maybe better
There is just one rather major issue. The garden we are supposed to get married at has bad drainage. On Wednesday we went for a look expecting that it would be dry as it hadn't rained much. It had a puddle in the middle of the grass. We thought, that's fine, as long as we don't get any more rain we can work around it. The rest of the garden looks fantastic, the leaves have grown their spring leaves and flowers and the grass was looking better than last time. Um yeah.... I woke up to rain this morning and its rained quite a bit since.
So were crossing our fingers but thinking we'll end up at our back up spot instead. I'm disappointed but oh weal.
It will still be great. I'm still marrying my best friend, having a great party, eating yummy cake, dancing the night away with my favorite people and going on a holiday so there's still a lot to look forward to!
Everything's boxed/basketed up ready to go. All the little bits and pieces I've slowly got together
Instead of cut flowers I decided to do something a bit different. I painted little terracotta pots and planted them with petunias, alyssums and lobelias. I love that they will last longer than the night. I've never bought cut flowers in my life so these seemed more 'me' and there will be take home gifts for some of my fellow gardeners:)
They're all done and looking pretty, all ready to add life to the tables. In loving walking past them all lined up together, they make me happy:)




oh my, everything looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI will be keeping you in my prayers this weekend.
Am looking forward to the pictures to come!
Many blessings
Karen
Hope you have a perfect day!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the flower idea. Hope everything goes so well you don't notice what misbehaves!
ReplyDeleteWishing you the most beautiful day. Enjoy every moment :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely idea (and yes, so you) to have flowers that will last beyond the wedding day. Congratulations to you and your Benny!
ReplyDeleteHave wonderful day tomorrow Karen and Benny. Can't wait to see the photo's!
ReplyDeleteNot long now, looking forward to seeing some photos of this very pretty garden wedding. All the best to you for a fabulous day and the rest of your lives together.
ReplyDeleteToday is the day!!! Wishing you all the very best that life has to offer, both today and for your future together. Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo so pretty!! Hope it was fabulous! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren and Benny your wedding was just beautiful from start to end . Dad looked pretty proud with you on his arm Karen as you came down the path . Hope you have a relaxing honeymoon . Love Tine and Ian xx
ReplyDelete