Sunday, May 10, 2009

mothers day

well, for mothers day we took mum to a quilting display in moonta, photos of spectacular quilts to come in the near future (their on mums camera) and had a fantastic day!

the thing i thought about most on mothers day was how bad i want to be a mother. every time we went past mothers pushing little babies in prams i thought, could that be me next year? i so badly hope so.

at the moment its the time of the month where i find out if we have been successful, if i am pregnant. i can test now, but this month ive decided to wait a little longer. its nice sitting here and thinking, i could be pregnant right now. id love to do the test and find out i am, but in case im not i want to wait a little longer, feel hopeful a little longer.

i am scared, so incredibly scared, what if we are unlucky and arent able to get pregnant? i know its a long time before i should even think of this but what if? i have wanted kids longer than i can remember, i feel like its what i was born for.

in the past few months, this is what my mind has been on a lot. trying to let go, knowing it will happen when the time is right, trying my best to be patient. if anyone has been through the same thing, id love to here stories, how you felt along the way, how long you had to wait for your special babies. i feel like sharing might make our journey a little easier

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how this feels! I remember thinking every month, "This is it! This is the month!" and then to be disappointed when I had the negative sign show up on the test. Such an exciting and stressful time...

    It took us 1 1/2 years to conceive our first and then the second time it happened on the first shot.

    I know this is probably the hardest thing to do but try to let go and don't get too stressed out about it.

    Have you read Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler? I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Karen, I've never experienced this feeling as none of my pregnancies were planned. It must be such a frustrating feeling though. My thoughts are with you lots - more than anything, I really want a little baby to cuddle and I would love it if it were your baby.
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, you have age on your side. I have a feeling that you will not have to wait long. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karen !! You are so ready to have a baby..... I know this feeling very well....I was the same way with my first!! and the weeks until month end seem to crawl by.... I will cross fingers and toes for you that it happens sooner than later. Email me if you want an empathetic ear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My third child Grace took 5 years to conceive. It can be a very frustrating and stressful time.
    I remember my dear friend and midwife saying to me "just let go and trust,the soul knows when it wants to come". A few months after that conversation I conceived. My positive thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first wasn't planed. I was going to travel the world but fate had other things installed for me I was only 24.
    My second was planed fell first go. I get sick straight way. Thats how I know Im pregnant LOL. I was 28 nilly 29.
    My 3rd it took over 18 months
    I was 32. I was stressed and miserable where I was living but once we moved to the Blue Mountians. I was so much happier and I fell not long after I moved.

    I agree with Monique time is on your side.
    My fingers crossed for you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going through the exact same thing.... I swear all pregnancy tests are programmed to come up negative! Although in the last month lots has changed with jobs, houses, & life in general and these things have distracted me from the always thinking about trying to conceive. I think I have finally let go and realized it will happen when the time is right. Lots of my girlfriends have gone through the same thing and the moment they have let go from putting all that pressure on themselves... it has happened! I know it's hard.... how can we not think about it???? But rest assured there are ways.... good luck x

    ReplyDelete