Sunday, April 15, 2012

goodmorning

 Goodmorning everyone. I hope you all woke up to a morning as beautiful as mine. I love a misty morning dont you? Time to pick the last of my herbs in case we get frost. I already have handfuls of them drying in the kitchen smelling delightful
 After a long hot summer the veggie patch is starting to come back to life. I still have pumpkins, watermellons and corn growing. Some broad beans have come up so I planted some peas. Fingers crossed the weather stays cool enough for them. Im so excited for my first winter with this veggie patch. Last year we moved in about june and got some winter veg planted but this year I have twice as many garden beds and a fow extra months of planting. Ive been adding lots of lawn clippings and compost to each bed and rotating the chickens to fertilise and turn each on. One disadvantage to housing the chickens on the the garden beds will be less self seeding but for the nutrients they give and how easy it is i decided I could live with that. I hope to still get a few self seeded plants because I love the suprise!
 Ive been moving about the garden beds on this side of the garden (the whole veggie patch is an L shape) . Looking forward to having fires very soon

Today is also such a nice cozy day for knitting (but then again, every day is good for knitting if you ask me)

2 comments: