M- Karen I need to do some knitting too
Me- Ok shall I start it for you?
M- No thanks, I know how
M-See, heres my knitting! (so proud of herself :)
Twirling (them)
Knitting (me
Here's some of the fairy costumes we got on Wednesday. They are loved! Now we need to make some wings
and the snail pot too
The girls absolutely love planting seeds. Georgia is about 18 months and in general is such an easy going baby but she is also the youngest of five in her family and is completely determined that she will do what the older kids get to do. Usually I would plant tiny seeds with the older kids and give the little ones a spade or the marker pop sticks to play with and they are happy with that for a bit or toddle off and find their own fun but for Georgia that just wont do! So she is my little garden helper, she plants seeds, dropping most of them while she is focused on the one she is putting in the hole and waters them while stepping on the others that have already sprouted. She tries so hard and is so determined and focused. I just adore her helping even if it a bit of a case of one step forward two steps back sometimes. Planting in a pot with her was a good idea and she was so excited to be able to sprinkle all the seeds at once rather than one or two per hole.
mmm, pepermint tea and muffins! (can you tell what we had for snack that day?)







Gardening in fairy dresses - how very eccentric!!
ReplyDeleteYour day care kids look like they are having a wonderful time - as usual.
What are you knitting? it looks chunky and snuggly.
yes I know and they wear them to the playground too, they get lots of smiles from strangers:) Im knitting a 'flora' beanie. I linked to it last post or you can pattern search it on ravelry
DeleteAhhhw, the little garden helper :) Same here with all my toddlers, most of the time when I weed they want to help me and pull up all of our just carefully planted seedlings... haha! So now serious work in the garden happen when they don't see it, or being aware of it :) Planting and watering is a feast every time!
ReplyDeleteMy daycarekids 'knit' and 'crochet' too. So sweet to see them try very hard!
yes, its definately a more productive if they play while we work in the garden although I have lots of spots at my place they could definately weed for me. The weather has cooled and any bare patch of earth is sprouting weeds!
DeleteThose fairy dresses were such a good find...my girls are always gardening with their fairy dresses and I think it looks so sweet! Love the knitting...what a sweetheart!
ReplyDeleteaww, fairy gardeners are the best aren't they! Im glad you have some of your very own to enjoy too:)
DeleteWhat a beautiful atmosphere of love and creativity you offer! Those are very lucky children. :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
Im lucky too, its lovely to spend my days with them too:)
Delete