They were in need of some tlc so I learnt to darn
Ahh.... that's better!
Except after weaving from the inside I wasn't sure how the outside exposed stitches wouldn't unravel so I weaved another layer on the outside. It's not very comfortable so I will need to do some more research and perhaps try again. If anyone knows of a good tutorial I could follow I would appreciate the help
We got two more trusty egg layers.
Our last two got into the habit of eating their own eggs so they went away to become Sunday roasts. Yes seriously! Let that be a warning to the new girls:)
I've been doing lots of sewing of the practical kind. Taking in jeans , fixing clothes and sewing bibs.
I cut up an old flannel cot sheet and over locked the edges to become face and hand cloths for day care. Ive made these a few times now.
I started off using regular face washes but even though I rinsed them after use, hang them over the side of the laundry tub (rather then let them sit scrunched up wet) wash and line dry them, they always ended up with little black dots, presumably mould.
I now use these flanel cloths instead and don't have so much problems, probably because their quicker drying. They are so easy too, I hang them in piles of three or so and they dry so quickly.
I do the same for nappy wipes too, except in a different print/colour so I can easily tell between the two.






Love those little bonnets. We love flannel wipes, use them around here all the time :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stripy knits! I especially like those little hats :)
ReplyDeleteNice. I love practical projects.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting looks so fun, I love stripes of any kind.
ReplyDeleteI have been keeping old pj's to make into flannel wipes but anything that involves sewing gets pushed to the back burner - I'm trying so hard to like it but my sewing machine is just so uncooperative!
We got two new chickens ten days ago and since then they have only produced 3 eggs, one of which they ate!
gorgeous hats, great mending
ReplyDeletehappy days xx
Lovely hats, the stripes are pretty. Glad you have eager recipients.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen love what you said about the chooks hopefully they heed your warning.
ReplyDeleteSewing is so rewarding when you look at what you've achieved with your own two hands . Till next time take care. Love Auntie Tine xx
One tip for mending knitted socks with holes: Instead of weaving I kind of reknitted them. I picked up from still good stitches a some stitches away from the whole and then knitted up the hole, trying to connect the stitches with the sock on the way. It worked quite well.
ReplyDelete