Monday, July 29, 2013

a picnic in pea cottage

 Our pea cottage has grown and grown and now its the perfect spot for morning tea (Australian term for a morning snack)
 watermelon and sultanas, yum
 while they snack I weed and tend the plants (pea cottage is in the middle of the veggie patch)
 This is my favorite new little bowl that I thrifted yesterday
 It wont be long and we'll be snacking on peas instead!
 After we were finished paving the other day there was dirt left over so the children are putting it to good use
 who needs spades when you can get your hands in instead?
 wonderful squishy sand!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pea cottage! What a great idea.

    The littles look like they are having a great time.

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pea cottage - what a wonderful idea!!
    Kids look like they are having a ball in the dirt! we made lemon scented play dough this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it...my girls enjoy picking the snow peas and crunching on them at the moment. Your photos look like a little enchanted scene from a story book...such wonderful experiences for them!love all that dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet idea, love it!! What happy kids, so adorable!!! I have seen teepees made with bamboo stakes and sweet peas but this is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a sweet idea and I love that you can work on the garden while they snack. Your photos speak volumes. Be well.

    ReplyDelete