Monday, November 4, 2013

life lately

 wet on we water colour painting some flowers
 collecting peas to plant next year and pulling down the far from lush looking pea cottage
 potting chamomile and looking forward to iced tea
 watering it ever so enthusiasticly
 enjoying basil, one of my favourite tastes of late spring/summer time
Life's been a mix of hot and cold, wool cardigans, singlets and thongs. I do like this time of the year when you just don't know what weather you will wake up to. I'm feeling the need to be closer to the beach and get my feet wet and just be calmed by the lulling waves.
This morning I decided to take the little people to play group. I usually don't take them because by the time I get the last 2 girls dropped off to me its halfway finished so it hardly seems worth all the effort of getting 4 kids organised, drink bottles, hat, snack, nappies etc etc but I got asked yet again by one of the mums if I was coming so I decided to go.
 It totally wasn't my morning- I planned on making muffins but was out of oil. We went to get some but it meant that the muffins weren't ready by the time the girls arrived. The muffins were a complete flop, we must have missed an ingredient but oh weal, it takes more than that to turn this lot of muffins luckily. From that point on I was trying to rush and get us ready while the kids were bouncing off the walls in excitement, loosing hats and shoes quicker than I could put them on them and asking me 5 million questions. We finally arrived at playgroup and it was closed. Yay.
I was tossing up between taking them back home and taking them to put their feet in the water at the little beach and luckily I took a deep breath before deciding. Little beach it was!
Ahh bliss. kids happily splashing wondering, poking stuff with sticks and finding little crabs. Me sitting in the shade sipping a pina colada and enjoying the adorableness of them all playing so happily together. Ok so there was no pina colada but there may as weal have been, it was just what we needed to turn the day around and get us back on track to having a fun day

2 comments:

  1. oh I hate it when recipes you've used a thousand times flop. Sometime the weather is to blame. I could use some beach time, we just got our first snow. be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could blame the weather but guessing getting distracted by the doorbell a few times in between didn't help either, who knows what did and didn't go in in the end:) I will happily swap you some warm beach time for some snow, ive never seen snow and one day I would love to !

    ReplyDelete