On the weekend I went to see my favorite sister.
She lives in such a beautiful area that we always mean to go on touristy road trips when i'm there. This time we ventured up into the hills in search of strawberries
and strawberries were exactly what we found!
plump sun warmed deliciousness. AJ had to keep telling me off for sneakily eating 'just one more' while we were picking. I'm not sure if we were allowed to eat them but I wasn't going to ask them in case they said no:)
This photo was entirely necessary, after all it was our touristy adventure remember. You don't get much more touristy than ridiculous poses in front of a giant strawberry now do you?
today I was back to work, building cubbies. Can I really still call it work when most of the day consisted of either building cubbies, reading peter rabbit, which I love as much as them and knitting? Hmm, it does sound a bit far fetched. Anyhow..
While I was at my sisters she taught me to make a yummy roast pumpkin and fetta salad so I made it tonight and ate bites between stitches.
I'm knitting an oatmeal pullover in my new favourite yarn. I've use this cascade a lot since I discovered it (I have 3 projects with it that i haven't put on ravelry yet plus my blanket and centripetal), its so cheap, fast to knit, warm and I just love it. This is my favourite colourway, its a gorgeous teal that reminds me of the ocean where we went for our honeymoon but it has a nice grey through it so it doesn't seem like it will be too bright for a whole sweater















Strawberry picking is all kinds of lovely! What a wonderful way to spend a morning. But then there's cubbies and knitting. What a lovely world you have here :) xx
ReplyDeletethanks, it is rather a lovely spot to be:)
DeleteStrawberry picking in November! Now I'm just jealous. That roast pumpkin feta salad looks yummy. Recipe please? Be well.
ReplyDeleteyes its getting a little bit summery here, the strawberries were thriving. Ill write down the recipe for you:)
DeleteWhat a great weekend, come back anytime! mmmmm strawberries delish..... lets go get some more.
ReplyDeletewas lots of fun, looking forward to going back next year!
ReplyDelete