Today we had our next repromed appointment.
Our results were all ok, I have low vitimin b and need to take a supplement and I also have high cholesterol which was surprising but is apparently more likely with pcos. Bennys swimmers are still fine.
We were talked through the ivf process again (we are doing antagonist protocol ) and were supposed to collect our drugs and be talked through whats what and how to use them but they had too many people booked in and some staff absent and on holidays so instead we are having them sent to us next week and having a phone consult about them on Wednesday. I was a bit disappointed to have to wait for them but at least they're being sent. They first asked us to come back tomorrow for them. I was not at all excited at the prospect of an extra 4 hour round trip (it pretty much ends up being a full day by the time we have an appointment and stop for lunch) so we were very happy to have them sent instead.
I'm not sure what drugs i'm having but the lady said they are all the pen type ones (look sort of like epi pens) except for the trigger shot so that should be fool proof.
If I don't get my period before they arrive I will get to start as soon as my next cycle begins. (otherwise I have to wait for next period)
On our fertility clinics website we have a 'portal' that we log onto. It has all the details about our appointments, scans, blood tests, steps we take etc. I've not been able to log on yet, I have to call them tomorrow to see why not as I was really excited to go on for a look but it sounds great.
On day one of my cycle I 'book on' to say that i'm starting. I can then watch a video about what to do next, download my drug instructions and a nurse will contact me to see how i'm going and make my scan appointment.
I can click on info about all the different steps and I have all my info in one place to look back at.

I wrote a big coment on your last post last week but blogspot ate it. Just remember even when the injections sting (the left side of my tummy never took them well) its for a good...GREAT reason! Just remember to keep the needle at a 90 degree angle and count to 5 before you take it out or the drugs will leak out of your skin. And think of all those nice fat eggs you will be growing! One of them will become your baby!
ReplyDeleteYay, can't wait to be growing my little eggies and seeing our embyos. It's all getting so exciting, I cant wait to start!
ReplyDelete