unfortunately not before they escaped and had a nibble on some freshly planted seedlings. luckily they saved some of each plant and i think they should still grow. on the up side even with the wild chickens attacking them, the seedlings are looking quite healthy. im planning to build windbreaks for the seedlings with pea straw bales. so far so good!

this is my favourite spot today, cozying up in my favourite chair with a good book and my sewing tin

this is my favourite spot today, cozying up in my favourite chair with a good book and my sewing tin
hand sewing pinwheels, ooie i love green and purple. seriously how hard is it to find purple materials!! ive been wanting to make a purple and green quilt for at least a year and finaly thanks to my mum giving me a purple fat quatre pack for easter i can start. im still thinking ill need to add white borders between each pinwheel. fingers crossed that i finish it before running out of materials!




Come to Spotlight, they have lots of purple material :) Also im very glad to hear Boots cant escape any more. Saves me going round and round in circles chasing him all around the yard!
ReplyDeleteHope you and your garden enjoy the much needed rain.
Love you xx
Today must be the day to post about chook houses. have just posted about our new coup. I absolutely love purple and green together. Your quilt is going to be lovely.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks are looking fantastic.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your plants are safe from your chooks.
Are you getting rain down there - we are getting lots here - it's so lovely to listen to it.
By the way, I've just finished my last stitch on the binding on my gigantic pinwheel quilt! And luckily, after all that work, I still love it!
l
x
I agree....purple and green should always be seen.....
ReplyDeleteGreat post.... love the free range chooks and your quilting is divine.
Love purple and green too. Good to see those cheeky chooks contained...they do get into mischief don't they....we have the same troubles sometimes.....right now I need to combine two pairs of girls who I know are going to fight....*sigh*
ReplyDeleteMorning karenjane
ReplyDeleteI have to comment on this lovely post. First the chicken coop. I have been wanting to make one like this for a while. Thinking of placing it over each bed to be fertilized. Your sewing chair looks like my kind of chair. Can just imagine sitting there all peaceful. LOVE the sewing tin..The quilt colors are gorgeous. I have made a sage green and lavender combination gnome and the two colors blend so well together. Happy crafting and your green gardening looks great.
Warm regards
Suzanne