sadly it means that i cant have the kids ive been having much (well i could but 4 children under 2yrs just isnt my idea of a good time) .but i wont miss getting up at 5am. oh no i sure wont!

now that the binding is on, here is a better picture of the baby quilt

and with the scraps i have started hand stitching on a quilt for the sleep room. both were intended to suit girls and boys but pink has snuck its way into both, i just couldnt help it, i have so many great pink scraps:) i am realy loving the handstitching, these three flowers were all made while i looked after kids, portable enough to easily take to the garden, quiet enough to do while they sleep, fantastic!
I'm loving my hexagons too - I love hand stitching - it's very therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteI've finsihed the engagement quilt. Now I just have to sit back and wait for someone to get engaged......
mind you Emily came home from work and declared that she was engaged.....to bill.....but apparently I'm not allowed to talk to him about it.....in fact i shouldn't talk to him at all......lol
nice try emily!
hurrah about the kids - it must be so nice to have a regular income.
by the way, i have lots of scraps for your handsewing - i will put them away for you :)
l
x
Babies are so much fun! Congratulations on the job.
ReplyDeleteAfter seeing that quilt I now feel as though I must learn this wonderful craft. Were you taught or did you teach yourself?
I really want to learn how to do that! But I am not sure I would have the patience...
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful.
Cngratulations! And Ilove hat quilt...clever you.
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt. I haven't tried quilting yet, my Mum dose quilting she has so many unfinished quilts. I've been waiting for my one for the last 12 years LOL. Its half made maybe one day she will finish it...:)
ReplyDelete