Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sad and chickenless:(

Last night I left my pretty little chickens to roost on top of their cage so that i could come out and give them their mite spray once it was dark enough that they would be docile. I do this regularly, in fact I've on occasions forgotten to lock them up altogether and they have always been fine.

When I went out I couldnt find them anywhere. I found lots of feathers this morning, of each colour of my three girls.
So i have an empty cage.
No 'chook chooks' for the kids to lovingly save crusts from their loaves of bread at home and bring along.
This is a ridiculously over dramatic post about three chickens but I realy do feel quite sad to go out to my back yard without them.
This is a photo of Marley (orange) Talula (white) and Henrietta at the back (black) with a few chickens that I've given away to Levin and Mum.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Karen. I have read your past posts about your chooks, I know how much they meant to you. Maybe you can go visit your old chooks that you gave to you mom a while ago. If your lucky perhaps you will get a few baby chicks? You're not being over dramatic, they were pets, it's ok to be upset. My heart goes out to you.

    Blessings,
    KAt

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Karen :)
    Sorry to hear about your little chook chooks. Thats sad. I'm sure you will have some more feathered friends for your backyard soon. Look forward to seeing your new veggie beds. Heirloom seeds are great, im very excited about my first propper attempt at growing some lovely veggies. the tree that behind my blog title is at the farm :)just beyond the back gate. the little building in the photo is where we will keep some chooks and turkeys eventually and i have dreams of picnics under that tree! YAY!!! You and benny are welcome to come and sit by our fire anytime :)
    I remember in a post ages ago you transfered writing and a photo i think onto material for a cushion you made for your friend...I was wondering how you did it as i want to put some poetry(in my handwriting) and a couple of photos onto my patchwork scroll. there is an awesome craft shop not far from here and im going to the stuff i need there(a birthday present to myself!)then i will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your chooks Karen, I guess it was probably a fox that got them. I'm sure you will miss their cluckings and scratchings (and eggs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats so sad :c( I am so sorry poppet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karen sorry to hear about the chickens I am sure you will miss them for a while luckily you have a big heart and there are enough living things in this world that you can love so you can start all over again I have already finished several of Madeleines ( u,f,o,s)
    knitting can be very soothing
    hope you feeling ok love Oma










    dear karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karen sorry to hear about the chickens I am sure you will miss them for a while luckily you have a big heart and there are enough living things in this world that you can love so you can start all over again I have already finished several of Madeleines ( u,f,o,s)
    knitting can be very soothing
    hope you feeling ok love Oma










    dear karen

    ReplyDelete