Saturday, August 7, 2010

well...

Look whos come to live in my garden!

 I'd been getting an idea of what kind of chickens i wanted to get, and got some advice from a lovely fellow chicken lover. The advice was that isa browns are friendly girls, nice and cuddly just like i was looking for. So I put them on my list of good breeds to look for, to see if i could find some on the internet to buy.

This morning while visiting Mum and Dad we visited their local pet shop and guess who was peeping away by the door?
 These three and about 80 sisters of theirs! I think they said they're isa reds, but they sound like a similar temprament. 
A girl i was talking with in the shop said that she has a few and they love being picked up and cuddled.
 Mum also said she'd talked to a man that had bought the same ones and apparently one sits on his shoulder while he eats brekkie and he passes bits of cerial to her to nibble on!
 It sounds like their fabulous egg layers too.
So... There not my old girls who i miss very much, but its nice to have them peeping about and to know that once their a bit bigger they will be keeping me company in my garden. Thanks for those that wrote me lovely comments last post, they made me feel much better:) 
Any name ideas? So far our ideas are Lavendar, Buttercup, Gracie, and a few others

8 comments:

  1. aww they're darlings! I wish I could have got baby chicks. I got mine as pullets. Good luck with socialising them. I'd just want to cuddle them all day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet photo!
    congratulations on your new little garden friends : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute!
    i have a friend who has called her three chickens April, May and June - ha ha
    enjoy your little babies.
    would you still like lisette back?
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies!!!!! Ohhhhhh how cute are they. Names, hmmmmmm... i like Isabella, Charlotte, Winter (coz you got her in winter) and KFC, ha ha just kidding. Good luck for the next few weeks having them in the house, enjoy watching them grow. See you in a few days xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice little chookies Karen, I think the Isa Reds are a nicer colour than the browns somehow, more of a russet colour. Hmmm names, I liked Levin's idea , you could go with herbs, you already have Lavender, so maybe Rosemary and Tansy or Coriander.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous little chicks. I wish you many happy hours playing with them and look forward to seeing them grow! I've two Isa's which are also called Gingerhams (depending on the place of purchase apparently) and they are eggcellent layers. One unfortunatly is a bit of a mental case and has to be segregated because she refuses to get along with the others. But she is fine on her own LOL Need a chicken whisperer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute :) I like all of the names you're tossing around too. I wish we could have chickens where we live ... but we can't :( Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute picture :)

    ReplyDelete