Sunday, December 26, 2010

holidays day four, Christmas Eve

Every Christmas Eve we get together with our family from my mums side at my Oma and Opas house around their big beautiful Christmas tree.
Each Year One of the men (this year my cousin Sam) sits by the tree in Opas chair and passes presents to two ' little elves' (generally two kids, we all loved being chosen as an 'elf') who give them out.
We all squeeze into the little loungeroom and it is a lot of fun being all together and seing every one get presents


 

Christmas eve together is such a special tradition for us all. Each year I remember lots of other years.
I always remember my telling aunty Els I realy wanted a particular doll when I was about three. She told me that I had better get up on the table and shout out to father christmas that I realy wanted it so that he could bring it to me. I thought it was so magical when I recieved it that night!
 I also always loved going to the magic cave with all my cousins and crack up seing pictures of us sitting on Father Christmas wearing matching outfits that our mums had sewed for us all and matching hair styles!
I am so thankful to be part of such a big fun family 

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful too. I just love the fact that all the cousins get on so well - from the very big to the very small.
    Christmas Eve is such a special night - I hope it never changes :)
    Thank you for my presents - of all my presents I love my candles the best :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love christmas eve! I always really look forward to it. It's my favourite family event and i also hope it never changes, it's perfect just the way it is. I love cramming our whole beautiful family into the lounge while the 'santa and the elves' hand out all the gifts. Great photos too KJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you have all your family together to share Christmas with. I wish you many, many more all together. Our family is scattered all over the place these days, but I remember times our get-togethers were like yours! Happy christmas and a blessed new Year to you.

    ReplyDelete