today was so warm. perfect weather for getting bare hands and feet beneath the soil in search for buried treasure.
After the other day care children go home me and josh usually spend the late afternoon in the veggie patch. Well I spend most of my time there, he wonders and explores, chats to chickens, finds a tea pot to water plants, makes a few sand castles and then wonders back to see what I'm doing.
He's pretty fun as a veggie patch buddy because he will eat pretty much anything that's handed to him. His favourites are raw potatoes and coriander
more carrot seeds were planted
A new watering can spout was put to good use keeping our happy little plants moist.
A few weeks ago the spout snapped of and I was quite upset. I love this watering can but the spout is necessary for starting seeds. Luckily when I went to reluctantly buy a replacement they had spare spouts so I get to keep my original blue gardening companion!
first strawberries are so close!
Ive been knitting some new dishcloths in this long ago stashed (for who knows what) blue cotton. Can I say that as much as I like knitting lace and cables, plain old garter squares are nice too. So easy that last night I had a fire (yes the weather was different yesterday!) and while I waited for the last logs to burn out I happily knitted in the almost pitch black dark





My kind of day, Karen! Would be nice to pop around to do a bit of gardening, some knitting and enjoy a bit of sun! Happy day to you.
ReplyDeleteFriends in the garden and fire place knitting = awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteNice to know there is somebody else knitting dishclothes I am at the moment doing the same they are for Levineke wonderful to see the strawberries are stating to get red Your mum will be pleased she loves strawberries.
ReplyDeleteFresh backyard veges. Mmmm, Wonderful.
ReplyDeleteAnd knitting contentedly by an ember fire, that sounds so peaceful.