A month or two ago I started providing food for the day care children. I had been wanting to for a good few years for a few reasons.Its been going well, and I certainly don't miss having to throw out all the packaging from all the packaged snacks they used to bring!
They love helping to prepare and cook their own foods and its also fun for them having the same things to eat as their friends.
I'm so glad I committed to it now but we've also had some challenges figuring out what every one will eat etc. I feel like we've gotten to a good menu now, including lots of things they all like and a few extra things that they mite have a taste of when they feel brave:)
So the rhythm we had sort of dissolved into 'every day is baking day and we do a few other activities here and there. Perhaps soon we'll get back to it properly but in the meantime I'm enjoying these days when i step back and let them find their own fun.
For the past few days we've had drizzly weather, the perfect weather for getting nice and filthy!
Today we had fun mixing up and playing with some peat moss, planting another potato patch, emptying out this half barrel and finding a use for it that is much more fun then as a pot plant. (oh, and then washing some little clothes!)
I now have six large strawberry pots and when they tired of this barrel I will pot it up as number seven. Some of the new strawberries are beginning to grow to a decent size, we are eagerly anticipating the first red ones:)
The most exciting thing in the garden this week has been ladybirds! We happily welcome them to our garden
we've been harvesting the first of our 'new house' carrots. Yum! The first taste has inspired me to plant many many more. I'm still getting the hang of how much of things to plant each time, I didn't plant nearly enough the first planting. I'm managing to squeeze in more and more veggie garden beds.
Its funny how it seems like I couldn't possibly plant any more and then I just find more and more spots for new seeds. Paths are getting a little on the narrow side now though:)
and finding new ways to use our rainbow arch blocks. I thought this way was rather clever





I am very jealous of your wooden tubs. I would LOVE some of those. There is nothing better than kids getting dirty in the garden!
ReplyDeleteLove how you said "getting filthy" instead of "getting dirty" - implies MUCH more fun!
ReplyDeleteHee hee hee! What fun!
ReplyDelete