Friday, February 3, 2012

our pretty door!


 Soon after we moved to this house I began painting this door to brighten up the daycare playroom. I painted the green vine and white base coats of the animals and bee hive.
Today Cameron asked if I could put some eyes on the bird so while I had the paints out I finished it all off
 Its far from perfect but I'm quite happy with it.
 The littles were all happily occupied when I begun but of course the second I got out paint they were at my side.
I had Cameron pointing,  "what about that one, you didn't do that yet!" and Mitch sitting on me fidgeting like only a three year old can, but somehow I managed it without mistakes and only a few bits of paint got smeared by inquisitive little fingers:) I like to do these kinds of things when the children are about as they love to watch but I'm glad I didn't wait until I had two more children in the afternoon, now that would have been craziness!
 I had planned on doing different coloured flowers but instead just mixed different shades of purple out of pure laziness. As it turns out I wouldn't change it especially the little purple butterfly
I added bees because they are a special favourite around here. When Mitch was a baby the boys (Cameron, Mitch and Josh) all loved a book called 'Time For Bed' by Mem Fox, especially Mitch. It has a beautiful rhyming verse and water colour pictures of baby animals snuggling up and going to sleep with their mamas. On the page with a mama and baby bee I always pretended my finger was a bee that buzzed and landed on their noses and Mitch still likes to do this often


Linking up with oak tree vibrations for


”Oaktreevibrations”

10 comments:

  1. Very cute painted scene on your playroom door!! I Really love your needle felted tree next to the door too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an enticing door, I think I want to come and play at your place! The kids must adore it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was Emily's favourite book. We read it every night at bedtime (actually it was the last book we read at bedtime).
    I love your door - it's very pretty :)
    L
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again I say, "will you be my nanny?" You are wonderful!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey thanks for linking up:)
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, this magical door of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented! I love love love what you've done with the door. It really is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your door has some fine touch of artistry on it! It looks like you also have a garden inside your home! Haha! It's cool that you have some taste of artistry stored on you. That's a lucky door. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this! I also wanted to share I buzzz on the kids' noses too! We call them buzzy kisses. My youngest wanted to know why if I'm too busy to kiss her nose why I always kiss her cheeks. I then realized she (who is VERY literal) was hearing busy kisses. (say it fast as you have to land on a little nose) As in her momma is too busy to kiss her little nose. :) So, now she gets buzzy, check AND nose kisses as momma's NEVER too busy for buzzy kisses! ;)

    And, I REALLY LOVE your door!

    ~Honey

    ReplyDelete