Tuesday, April 24, 2012

'Crafting On'

 The past few days Ive been getting back to working on my hand stitched quilt. I'm just about half way finished the quilt top!

On Saturday night we had a barbecue out the back and I stitched as we waited for it to cook. All day we had been looking forward to having an outdoor fire but instead we got lots of rain which was nice too.

I love the mess of colour that is my embroidery cotton
I had such a nice Monday yesterday. I went to Kadina and was able to get lots of bits and pieces done. I finally took my engagement ring in to the jeweler to get re-sized so that I can wear it on the right finger after wearing it on my middle finger two months.
I also visited with a good friend who id not caught up with propperly in a few years. I spent time with my friend Kylie and my little god son Jayden. I started working full time just before he was born and one of the big down sides was that I had been looking forward to being able to spend lots of time with them and help her with him so we are deffinately both very pleased that I will be able to pop in many Mondays now. I had yummy soup for tea at Mum and Dads and then came home with enough time to do a little knitting and stitching before bed.

 More and more bulbs are coming up around our garden. The day care boys love the green spikes. We also have seeds coming up. The most exciting for us all are the peas, a definite winter favourite here. I only planted a few to see if the weather had cooled enough for them to survive. So far so good! Ill be spending ANZAC day tomorrow putting up poles for lots more peas to grow up.


 Hello calendulars!
For more crafting on visit Frontier Dreams

15 comments:

  1. I adore your quilt - so sweet and special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is looking great and inspiring me to get out some fabric and embroidery threads too! It's been a few years since I made my last quilt so it's probably about time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is coming along beautifully, karen! I'm so envious of anyone who can embroidery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. embroidering, quilting, knitting, gardening and wine--you are my kind of girl!!!! I'll be right over for a glass! (with my bag of crafts!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you draw out your embroider pattern yourself? I like the Idea of having the embroider square in the quilt.

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "Forrest"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful! I love all the happy colors and your stitched pattern is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is the cutest thing ever! I love the design you are stitching into it, and the colors you chose, so bright and cheery. I came on over to see your project from Nicole's linky, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is coming along quite nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful quilt!! I love the touches of embroidery.

    I found you via Frontier Dreams' KCCO. This is my project of the week: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the garden. We must get onto our winter planting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilt, it is really turning out beautifully. Wonderful seedling pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, a hand stitched quilt, good for you! The embroidery looks very sweet :) I love seeing the first bulbs peeking up with the promise of pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is really lovely. Something so special about hand stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is just so beautiful... what an heirloom it will be!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete