On the weekend we went to Broken Hill with Benny's parents, his sister and her two kids. It was a 5 hour drive, plenty of time for knitting and listening to audio books. I knitted this white hat. When I put it on I decided I needed a fringe. Uh oh!

You can hardly even see my fringe in this but that's a good thing, I've not cut a fringe for a good few years and its not hard to tell I was out of practice. Some of is too short as I forgot how springy hair is but oh weal. lucky hair grows back. For the first hour I regretted cutting it but now I think I like it
In Broken Hill I got some buttons for my grey cardi. The weather has been cool the past week or so and I've been enjoying keeping warm in its grey alpaca goodness.
I even got to wear it at Broken hill a few times. This is a photo of Benny's sister Tegan and I before going down an old silver mine. I wasn't sure I wanted to go down the mine but Benny convinced me I did. Luckily I didn't know how small the tunnels were or I would have chickened out. Benny loved it, he loves all things history. I was mostly just excited that it didn't collapse on us, but it was pretty fun and the tour guide was quite entertaining
We went to see some camels for camel rides. Terleah, our 4 year old niece was so excited to go on them until she saw up close how big they are, at which point she declared "No I don't want to go on those big fat ones, just little ones!" Here's Benny and Terleah on a ridiculously large park bench.
While we were away I also started knitting a hat for Terleah (which I forgot to photograph). She is very excited to learn to knit, she sits on my lap and holds the needles with me. Not exactly a fast way to knit but fun.
Dylan sitting on a big old tractor

Starting next week I officially no longer work Mondays. Xavier's Grandma will be having him Monday and Friday each week so its win win for both of us:) I'm jumping for joy at the thought of lazy Mondays at the beach, visiting friends and family, blissed out adventuring and exploring. Oh and sleep-ins of the not getting up at 4.30am 5 days a week kind of course!







that finished cardi looks awesome and so does the hat! don't worry about the fringes, it'll "grow" on you (literally! hee hee)
ReplyDeleteI got some thinning scissors the other day and it's very very helpful for all those hair cutting experiments!
Wow, everything looks so lovely. Your cardi is beautiful and love the scarf.
ReplyDeleteHappy knitting!
Cardi and hat are lovely, you are really good at cable!! what a funny reason for cutting a fringe!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a nice time at Broken Hill, you are very brave going down a mine shaft.
Enjoy your Mondays off! I don't have any daycare kids on mondays either and my boys are at school. Sooo relaxing, despite the millions of things I have to get done anyway.
I think this is the first time I've seen your blog. You're a really lovely knitter. Where was the silver mine you went down?
ReplyDeleteThe cardi looks great! I keep telling myself I need to knit a cardigan just for me, but have yet to start on one. Someday... :)
ReplyDeletethe cardi is great and i love that rainbowy scarf! your trip looks like it was fun. that huge park bench is hilarious.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cardi and it fits perfectly! I can only cut straight across-fringe is beyond my skill level ;)
ReplyDeleteyour cardigan is perfect! how lovely it is on you and your hat and your fringe too. lovely family outing (minus the silver mine) :(
ReplyDeletecould not do that.