Today I had some visitors for my birthday and what a great day it was!
Oma, two of my aunties, Helena and Jo, my cousin Elly and my parents all came to visit and spoil me with yummy food


They also gave some birthday money and it wasn't too hard to decide how to spend it
I've been eyeing off the Centripetal.
Partly because its pretty but I think even more so because it looks fun and interesting to knit and put together. You knit a circle and then add in the upper back/shoulders piece and sleeves, how clever!
I'm going to knit it with bendigo woolen mills rustic wool. I think ill go with 'sandstone' colour but I may change to 'aran' (plain white) at the last minute. I always find it so hard choosing yarn colours because its tricky predicting how it will look once knitted, and which colours would look best on me. I'm always so happy once its ordered so I don't have to keep second guessing my decision
I will also add buttons and i'm deciding between these
...or these






Joyeux Anniversaire Karen.
ReplyDeleteMy, that cardigan does sound very interesting to knit, and it looks great too.
Looking forward to seeing and reading about your w.i.p, if you make it sound easy enough I might just give it a try myself.
Happy birthday! That sweater is gorgeous, looking forward to hearing more about it as you knit it up.
ReplyDeleteAll the best to you for a wonderful year ahead :)
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting project - looking forward to seeing the completed sweater
blessings
karen
how fun!!! (I like the first brilliant blue buttons :) ) Happiest of birthdays :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday karen! have fun with your new cardi, LOVE the sandstone.
ReplyDeleteThat pattern is gorgeous! Love, love those buttons. Get knitting I want to see this one finished! Happy Birthday too!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday. It looks like you had a great day . I love seeing pictures and hearing about what mum and dad are up to. I love that cardigan and it looks really warm and cosy. Love Auntie Tine xx
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing your cardigan. Both buttons are nice, but I {think} I prefer the birds.
ReplyDelete