We went to see our house (notice no brackets around 'our' this time? that in its self is rather exciting!!) this morning and it looks great.
It seemed a bit smaller than I had hoped and a different layout to what I expected which I was a tiny bit disappointed about but Benny said its bigger than our current place (I find it hard to judge size of places without furniture but Benny's better at it so I trust his judgement:) and our current place is working well for us so I know this place will too.
I especially felt better when it occurred to me that my reason for being disappointed was actually just that I'd been planning (obsessing over:) how id arrange rooms based on how it looked in the photos and I now realized it wouldn't all work how i'd thought. That's ok, plenty of time to day dream more plans, and it will be completely different when we actually move in and can see what fits where.
There is also somewhat of a bonus too. there is a fenced off block of land behind us that is for us too. I didn't think to look over the fence as I was so busy taking everything else in but it should be a good spot for the chooks to run wild and there are trees that the day care kids might like to climb
In the excitement I finally started this stitchery that I had meant to make ages ago for on the wall here. It will now be a house warming present for the new apple blossom play room;) Its going to have an apple tree with children on swings and planting seedlings
The other day I found this gorgeous little second hand handmade wooden table and chairs on a facebook local for sale page, its waiting at Mum and Dads until we move. (was too lazy to crop out the car but that didn't come home with me) The top needs a few repairs but the rest is in great condition and perfectly solid. I love when you find exactly what you've been looking for second hand, It makes me feel so luckyIn other exciting news I got a super fun package!
I did a swap with Steph, we both made some toys and summery Christmas ornaments.
As I told Steph earlier, the ladybug has good luck stitched into it, when I went out to weed our front lawn after receiving it I saw like 15 ladybugs, it must have been a family reunion
There's lots of exciting things happening in the next few weeks so before I know it it will be time to move.
I'll be getting a package, its coming all the way from Yvonne in Holland because I won my first give away!
Summer solstice is soon and then there will be Christmas, new year, trips to the beach and visits to the gym (which is actually one of my funnest things each week, I love it!) Lots of family and fun days of celebrating and before I know it it will be the 13th of January, moving day!





So glad to hear you got the house. Can wait to see pictures of what you do with it!
ReplyDeletethanks, i'm so excited about it and i'm sure my excitement will turn into lots of photos to share:)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new house, Karen! I'm sure your blog will be flooded with lots of renovation moments. Hehe! I'll be looking forward to reading the remodeling ideas that you'll share in your future post. Congrats again! :)
ReplyDeleteCalvin Mordarski @ CityBlockTeam.com