There were a few reasons why the play stands sat half made for a long time.
1. When I cut them out I wasn't precise enough and I didn't think they would work
2.I was worried I wouldn't get the joints right
3.As much as I wanted them to fit in our current small play space they really weren't going to
4.Because of above reasons they sat for a while in the hot shed and the wood warped. I assumed they would't be any good
I even started to save money to just buy a set because I didn't think these were going to happen (or had I forgotten these maybe? cant remember) but I used that up when my favourite cloth nappies (bambootys.awesome.) had a clearance sale (worth it, totaly worth it they are all I use now)
I'm so glad that we re-found them and decided to finish them off!
getting ready to gluein clamps and crossing fingers that with warped wood it will turn out ok
being happily surprised that its almost perfect! It rocks very slightly (about a millimeter difference in leg lengths, possibly because of the warped wood, possibly because I cut it:) Were very please how it turned out!
its nice to see the shape I scribbled onto scrap paper come to life
Weve still got to finish sanding and glue the other one and then they're all ready for the new house which we move to in less than 3 weeks!!! I cant wait for cubby house and puppet show fun at the new house






That's wonderful! It looks great! I look forward to seeing it your new space. :-)
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful. I'm sure it will see hours of play :)
ReplyDelete