Monday, January 6, 2014

the new/old veggie patch

 Lately I've found myself back in my very first veggie patch at mum and dads. I could have chosen a different spot in their garden or changed the shape to something more creative than a booring old rectangle but I didn't really even question either as possibilities. I just laid down the bricks just as they used to be and reminisced on former lazy days
the 'before' side, grass had to be pulled up which is hard work. Mum, Dad and I have been tackling a bit each time I visit
I decided not to do a proper veggie patch at our new house. We don't know how long we will be there so I id rather make use of this already worked soil. It will be more fun gardening with my parents anyway. When I moved out 5 years ago Mum joked about not wanting her 'gardener' to move out. Now ill be back and gladly helping them tame their huge garden
the first two beds have been prepared and planted
 We have planted potatoes, beets, cucumbers, spring onions so far. Soon they will be sprouting
this is next to it. Its a before photo, im planning on tidying it up and planting some bits and pieces. I've started cutting back the dead under growth of the lavender bushes to make a natural cubby for the new apple blossom kids that will visit with me
Only 3 days until we get the new house keys and begin to move in.
Were been busy packing, cleaning, taking loads of  our things to my parents to store for the week.
I've been feeling excited and overwhelmed


No comments:

Post a Comment