Wednesday, January 1, 2014

and a new year begins


 I cant remember why I got out this sheep skin, its usually in the sleep room, but its been the source of much 'bed time' play
 mishka was worn out from a long day of napping on the couch so he had a rest in the play kitchen oven
 this scene, tutu, my hat, hand bag, taking a car for a walk in the doll pram just about killed me with cuteness:)
 M's 'dragon called Steven'. He played with this a whole afternoon. I love him, hes still going, even though i really need the pegs for my washing
 A special package came for me in the post, all the way from Holland!
 Thankyou Yvonne, I love it all, especially the tiny pink fairy. I so love tiny things!
 I cant wait to decorate the new house with my beautiful goodies
 for the new house i've been painting these half barrel pots. I like them unpainted but they are old and starting to fall apart so i'm trying to keep them going for a bit longer. The barrels plus our current sandpit boat (it will be filled with dirt as a garden bed, there will be a different sand pit) will be the main veggie patch at the new house. My main veggie patch is at my parents house, ill share photos of it soon
While I was out side taking this picture the chooks wanted to say hello
 our house is slowly being taken over by packing boxes. just a week until we move! But wait a second, there were more dolls packed in that cradle...

  they seem to have snuck back into the girls beds,it looks like they're hiding so I won't notice:) The beautiful green doll is made by Steph and much loved. Nothing else would do the other day for poor little Maddalyn who was feeling miserable and it turned out had a bad ear infection the other day. She just needed her  'green baby' (don't mind all the miss matching sheets, there all thrifted in bits and pieces)
 Ive been making some finger puppets to go with some summery songs for meal times


and an easter/spring one to be put away for now. the egg is open at the top and bottom so the chick can hide and then pop out

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Karen.
    Love your little finger puppets and poems.
    Best wishes for your move next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing all the goings on at your day care. I have to keep my eye out for a big hat! And green baby...awwww! I hope he comforted poor sore Maddalyn. Hope the move goes well!

    ReplyDelete