I love it here soooooooo much. I'm feeling so thankful and happy today. The movings over, I got approved for day care today, now I just get to soak it all in, start my new rhythums and routines, and ignore the boxes in the spare room.
I've taken some photos. I've mostly focused on setting up for day care because I had new families visiting and the approval to get ready for so I wont show you our lounge room which is still a mess. I definitely wont show you the previously mentioned spare room!
My kitchen window overlooking the back yard. after having no kitchen window for 2 years doing dishes doesn't seem so bad when I can look outside to trees and green grass:)one play stand is finished and the other still needs to be glued. In the mean time the kitchen makes a good other side. Yesterday some of the new children came for a half day settling in session. It was soooo sweet seing them snuggle in under the blankets with dollies. I imagine it will be a great place to lay and read books to them too. They love the kitchen, I ate lots of pretend cakes and pancakes
the other side of the room. Isn't the picture on the wall sweet:) Maddalyn made it as a going away present. I miss the Port Wakefield children, I saw Maddalyn already the other day and got a big cuddle and we will be visiting Benny's parent in Port Wakefield so i'm sure ill see them around the town:)
The day care sleep room
Our table. I'm sure you can see why the day care children have their own little table now- I wouldn't want to imagine the mess they would make eating and crafting over carpet!:)
a neat little bathroom
with a lovely windowsill perfect size for some pot plants
walk through robe (its between the bathroom and our bed room) the other side is bigger but I gave it to Benny because he has way more clothes than me:) I don't like to hang things so I've got my old craft cupboard in there
Our bedroom (nope we don't have a bed)
Out the back I have four half barrels and the boat to use as veggie patch. With me having 2 weeks off work and day care new house safety expenses I haven't had spare money to buy dirt and plants but Oma and Opa gave me some house warming present money. I was going to plant herbs but as you can see flowers won my heart at the garden center:) They are so bright, cheery and definitely house warming. I love to look out my windows at them all day. The shared veggie patch at my parents is big enough to grow all we need so these beds are mostly just to look nice and for day care children to plant anyway so now they can pick flowers for vases or their sand castles














everything looks lovely - I am sure you will have a great time in your new home. I am so glad everything is moving along well and congrats on the approval! Many continued prayers for a smooth transition with new children
ReplyDeletemany blessings and warm wishes
Karen
thankyou. Its going to be fun but also challenging at times having lots of new ones settling in all at once, prayers will be appreciated:)
DeleteWhat a sweet house. Thanks for the little tour! Great news on the approval for the day care, I can't wait to see what you get up to with the new batch of little ones!
ReplyDeleteI've been looking forward to starting care and have some fresh fun ideas to soon share
DeleteYou've done a lot of work! Looks so adorable! I love that green barrel with the flowers!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to your new home :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new home and day care approval, Karen! This is, indeed, a great challenge, and I know these will all be a success. What a great way to start the year, right? Good luck on your day care service. Hope you'll share more stories about it in the future. Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteKevin Fritz @ IronPointMortgage
Your home is quite lovely. COngratulations on your new home and may you have many years of happiness there. Be well.
ReplyDelete