Sunday, June 1, 2014

1 more sleep (and a beautiful graph)

Tomorrow morning we travel to my clinic for my pregnancy blood test. 
The past few days have seemed to have quite a few extra hours. Or is that just me perhaps ? ;)
I've been yo-yoing between feeling at peace with not yet knowing, feeling hopeful and sure that it worked and feeling sad and sure that it will be negative. 
It's a hard wait and I'm sure the crazy hormone drugs that are still making their way out of my system aren't helping

I was sure that our chance per transfer was 30% (Benny's pretty sure that was the IUI % and I think he's right), and Benny thought our chance per try was 50%. Recently I discovered this wonderful graph on our clinics website and it's making me feel extra hopeful. I may have googled it more than a few (many) times.... but it's quite beautiful to me at this point. At 69.7% likely hood for this one month it feels like we could be among the lucky ones. I hope.
At the moment I have Benny home from work for 5 days, we have a birthday dinner with my best friend at my favorite restaurant overlooking the sea tonight and a trip to the city and seeing family to look forward to tomorrow.
I cant believe we will finally know our result in somewhere around 24 hours. It's been a long month, a crazy month, a sometimes stressful, painful and emotional month but for the glimmer of hope it has given I wouldn't trade it for anything and would definitely do it again

6 comments:

  1. Whatever the results for this try remember that you have several healthy embies waiting in the freezer if you need them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i'm so thankful for them, I think i'd be more stressed about tomorrow if I hadn't ended up with my beautiful little frosties. Hopefully cellie or one of the frosties is our one day baby. Just wish we knew which one so we could have put that one in first! It's so soon now, I think either way ill be relieved just to have the waiting over with!!

      Delete
  2. So sorry I haven't had a chance to stop by for ages, life has been swallowing me up but this is so exciting and as I have been there myself I know how long the days can seem. Crossing my fingers for you and sending you warm and wonderful wishes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, isn't it crazy how time just seems to drag when your waiting to find out if it worked? hopefully we get our miracle soon too xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! Lots of love and hope to you! x

    ReplyDelete