This morning I woke up and let the cat in and as I breathed in the cool fresh air and saw the beautiful mist I decided to go for a walk. It was wonderful, just what I needed.
The past 2 days I feel like i've walked out of the fog i'd been living in for 3ish weeks. Although I feel very lucky not to have gotten any major side effects considering all the medications that are involved with IVF, i'd been feeling constantly tired and just blah, and just not myself at all. Starting Monday it was as though someone clicked their fingers and I was back to normal, my energy has come back and I feel like I can make it to the end of my work days without feeling like i was very nearly concentrating to keep my eyes open!
It's a wonderful feeling, I feel so happy just to feel normal
Just 5 days until we get results!
I'm looking forward to finding out (I think?) I'm crossing my fingers and feeling hopeful and at peace as much as I can.
I feel generally calm and to be honest am not expecting it to be positive. Not in a negative way, that's just how i deal. My mind set is 'lets prepare for the next step in this fertility journey and if we don't need it that's a bonus.'
Ill still be pretty disappointed if it is negative but we have our follow up appointment on Aug 6 so my body would have a nice break in between (and 2 chances of falling pregnant naturally, occasionally people are more fertile between IVF cycles because their body still has some of the drugs and they get a surprise :) and then we would have a few goes at frozen embryo transfer which is an easier process than IVF
Even if we need another full IVF cycle or more, (I think the average is people needing 3 cycles) i'm not too bothered. Now that I've done one and know what to expect it wouldn't be nearly as scary second time around. It wasn't as bad as I expected at all so I would feel confident to do it again and i'd cross my fingers that it all went as well as this time because short of the positive pregnancy test I feel like this cycle went perfectly.
During my waiting I've been wasting time one of my favorite ways- looking at things for our 'one day baby' (I almost feel like I can change that to 'one day almost certainly in 2014 baby' :)
I've been getting ideas for a peter rabbit themed nursery/baby room and baby shower and also buying a few more outfits. These 2 are my current favorites.
I'ts so nice to daydream. When I look at these outfits I feel pretty sure that they will be worn by a cute baby of mine very soon
I also found this gorgeous little white hat with tulips, perfect for a little future dutch baby girl (my mum's family come from Holland when she was 11 years old) If I don't have a girl I can definitely see this being passed around the VanAdrighem family in the future







All my fingers and toes are crossed for you and Benny and your lil Cellsi :) I've been checking your blog every day and sending a prayer out to the universe every night for your One Day Baby. I'm glad you're feeling better now. The little white dress with the ruffle pants is too cute, I love the embroidery xoxo
ReplyDeletethanks Kaia, it's great to hear from you, I hope your all well xx Isn't the little white dress just gorgeous? $1 from my fav opp shop, I could hardly believe my luck. Hopefully very soon I have good news to share, if not it shouldn't be long. It's all so exciting:)
DeleteNot long to go now! I was devastated after our negative but I think in the end embie #2 was the perfect one for us anyway :) Remember it all happens like it is meant to and you have plenty of embies on ice xxx
ReplyDeleteYep little embie number 2 was definitely the perfect one! I'll be super disappointed if this isn't our month too but at least I know I'm most likely very close to something wonderful. It's a good feeling having a few frosties. Do you still have all your other embys left of did some die when thawing? Just wondering if we will have 4 more chances from them or if I should expect only 1 or 2 as I know they can still die off
DeleteThat morning light is lovely filtering through the mist. Take your moments of peace while you can. If you like, and if you go with a Peter Rabbit theme, I have a complete boxed set of Beatrix Potter. You are welcome to it. Panda is not interested. The box is a little battered, but the books are fine. Email me if interested. Be well.
ReplyDeleteMercy that's so nice of you to offer but I have one similar that I got a while back on sale, great minds think alike;) It touched my heart that you were willing to send them though.
DeleteIsn't it gorgeous? there is so much beauty in this wonderful world of ours!