
I've had such a fantastic long weekend! we've been swimming and fishing and Sunday-feasting (a 'Sunday feast' is a tradition me and aj started when we both still lived at home. we used to go to the supermarket every Sunday and choose lots of yummy foods for a picnic somewhere. it usually doesn't happen on Sundays now, just whenever we get together. so much fun)
Saturday night we had tea with my Kylie and her family in memory of her wonderful dad who sadly passed away 2 years ago. we had two of his favourite things, kfc chicken and black douglas, and then played sing star (lots of fun!) and guitar hero
sunday i went swimming at north beach (my old beach) and that night me and benny did some practice fishing ready to go out in the boat this morning (6am in the morning to be precise!)

here we are looking sleepy and rugged up early

as you can see my practice paid off, caught this flounder (my first 'keepable size' fish ever!) it was enough to feed the two of us for tea tonight and was very nice

benny and his dad dad caught heaps of crabs but i didn't catch any. this is just a small one that got chucked back, i didn't get around to photographing any of the big ones, just this little cutie
Wow, looks like you had a great weekend. The fish you caught is huge! I caught my first ever fish at the pines at Christmas and 1 of them was big enough to keep, but it was just a little garfish nothing like your big flounder.
ReplyDeleteWe had a good Australia Day, we went to the cricket with a group of people. It was soooooo hot (we didnt have any shade) but lots of fun. Drinking, chanting and dancing. Pity we got thrashed!!!!
Also I start my new job tomorrow... I'm a little nervous but i think it will be good. Wish me luck lol :)
What a fun weekend. I have never caught a keepable fish so you're one up on me ;)
ReplyDeleteHere in the frozen tundra of new England, I am DREAMING of days like that! Happy Australia Day!
ReplyDeletekAREN ALLREADY FOR MORE THANAYEAR i TRY TO GIVE YOU A COMMEMT BUT EVERYTIME i HAVE DONE IT WRONG SO THIS MORNING lEVIEN HAS AGAIN GIVEN ME THE USERNAME ETC I love your blog and the way you describe things it is also nice the correspondence you have between Levien .Anneke and Madeleine anyhow I hope this will get away now love Oma
ReplyDelete