Well sort of, no pictures just yet.
I still don't have Internet to my computer but hopefully soon, I'm itching to share pictures from our new house! Were packed in like sardines for the next month until Benny's parents house is finished but its fun living with them and I'm loving having a dog for now.
The most exciting thing to me when we moved in was the discovery of soft workable soil in the garden! This may seem like a strange thing to get excited about but after two years of digging hard clay, to say I was excited is a Major understatement! Ive been busy preparing garden beds for veggies and flowers while the daycare children have been busy exploring their new garden, I think they love it as much as I do!
I look forward to catching up on what you have all been doing, I've missed reading blogs.
Not that I've had the time.
Here's the fun stuff I've been up to during my absence-
*Moving house,
*Cleaning the old place,
*Creating a real live tetris game of a room (think boxes of our thing all packed into a tiny room with barely room to move)
*Finding things in said tetris room (um maybe it would have been a good idea to label boxes?!)
*Getting the new house ready to be 'approved' for family daycare (think tedious and somewhat over the top safety checks)
*Preparing to be rather poor until house is approved in 6-8 weeks time. I chose to still have all the children during this time as I love having them and knew some of the parents would struggle to find care in our little town but I'm only charging what the families usually pay and in some cases the government pays the majority of the bill. Luckily I decided to hand stitch my quilt, that should at least keep me happily crafting through until I get a proper pay again at least!
Anyhow, the worst of the hard work is over and now I get to lay in my new green grass and enjoy the afternoon sun warmth filtered through beautiful trees. Yes we have our very own trees! (unlike my old place, possibly the thing I missed most while living there). The children and I have been enjoying raking up leaves to mulch our veggies and once I find some rope I can hang my hammock chair!
Although its not been easy its so well worth it, I love our new house and I LOVE our new garden!
edited to say*I dont seem to be able to comment on blogs at the moment as this computer keeps signing me out but im enjoying reading blogs at least
There you are! I was just thinking of you and your move last night and was wondering how it all was going.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures of the new place.
And I know where you are coming from about the joys of actual, workable soil. After failed attempts at gardening in Carolina clay (and fire ants!), I was all too giddy when we moved and I had a real back yard. :)
Take care!
Hooray for good soil! I know what you mean - when I lived in Colorado the soil was just red rocky dusty stuff - all you could grow was cactus ;) It's wonderful to be somewhere with good dirt again. Enjoy your new garden, and settling in to your new home!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the new place. sounds exciting!
ReplyDeleteYay! Can't wait to see your new house - we might wait though, until it's just the two of you in it so we can fit in!! Enjoy your trees - it's been beautiful weather for it lately :)
ReplyDeletel
x
Good luck, health wealth and happiness to you, in your new home. We moved 2 weeks ago, so I know exactly how you are feeling lol.
ReplyDeleteV
xxx
Good luck unpacking. I know what it is to be on the move, lots of change. You have a wonderful attitude about it all. :-)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have you back! Looking forward to the pictures...
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
There is nothing like a fresh start in the home and the garden, cheers Marie
ReplyDelete