So we will be living with Benny's parents for a month. Its going to be quite a squeeze having them plus us plus my daycare in their house but I guess somehow we will have to make it work.
Anyhow, here are some pictures of the children's sleep room. It is also supposed to be my craft room but seems my free time is generally when little ones are sleeping in there I mostly just store materials there and craft in the lounge room. 

Even though only boys sleep in there (Rhylee sleeps in a cot in our room as she wakes rather 'enthusiasticly' and otherwise wakes the others) it looks rather girly. Partly because of things I've added but the boys chose the pink 'butterfly ladies'(Shirley barber fairies) alphabet. Benny's friend Mick had it from when his daughters were little and the boys fell in love with it when he brought it round for us. Its rather adorable how much they love it:) We also have up a cozy Elsa Beskow picture and some post cards from Marie. These pictures were down at the children's level which looked nice but as you can imagine they didn't stay up long so I put them up higher.
Each child has a little handmade quilt on their bed (various lap quilts I've made over the years) which is my favourite part of the room, it makes it look so cozy. At some stage I would like to get some little cot sized toddler beds but in this little house its easy having sleeping mats on the floor so I can stack them if I need extra space on weekends etc.
I put the dollies and there beds in here as they weren't getting played with much in the play room. Its fun for the children to get dollies ready for bed and tuck them in just like I do for them
Here is a gorgeous woolen fairy that hangs above their beds. She was lovingly made by Kate of
Apple of the forest who I did a swap with not long ago.She also sent me this beautiful mother nature and her root children that are even cuter then I imagined them! I love them so much and decided our sleep room is the perfect place for them as I often read 'the story of the root children' at nap time. The children watch them as they go to sleep, I'm sure dreaming up little root children adventures.
Like I've mentioned before, its a tight squeeze in here but I try to make the best of it!
Here's our nap time verse
This sprouting seed woolen picture is also from Kate. I cant believe how talented is, she makes me want to learn to needle felt. As does this book!
Here are a few more things almost ready for market day this Saturday.I made the wool felt crown with organic merino rovings and greener shades dyes from my lovely sponsor The Humming alpaca
Tomorrow I get the day off and its my birthday Yippe! It doesn't get better than that








here's to cake and celebrations on your birthday sweet karen! i love the room, gorgeous purple quilt!! root children are gorgeous...i love it all. happy sweet moving! i know all about the joys of packing...x
ReplyDeleteI also like the lovely colourful chicken mobile that came all the way from Thailand from your wonderful sister ha ha ha. Happy Birthday Eve! Hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow xoxo
ReplyDeleteI just love it!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Karen! I wish I was close so I could Come shop your cute stall, then have a cuppa with you at one of those inviting tables in honor of you special day.
ReplyDeleteI just lifted a prayer for your move, and your preparations...
Blessings, Debbie
Happy Birthday, Karen!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this sweet little space with us -- the pictures are so dear. I am SO delighted that my little felt folks get to live there. :)
I hope all goes well for your move and will say prayers for an easy transition for you ~ hugs ~ Kate
sooooo lovely! what a beautiful space!
ReplyDeletethankyou all for wonderful birthday wishes:)
ReplyDeleteoh and prayers for an easy move, I may need them *sigh*:)
ReplyDeletehope you enjoyed a beautiful birthday and that you celebrate all weekend long. your space is so lovely and your crown is bee-utiful!
ReplyDeleteYour crown is just beautiful. I also love all of the needle felt works. Looks like a restful place to sleep!
ReplyDeleteBecca
I love all of it, but your wool crown is absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a wonderful birthday!
what a peaceful room. Loving the fairy!
ReplyDeleteyour crown is *awesome*, I'm in love. :-)
ReplyDeleteThe room is absolutely lovely. I'm in love with the carved wooden tree of life. Where did you get it from? The craftsmanship is amazing.
ReplyDelete