Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Garden Love

Every day in this garden we discover or make something new. Lately I've been trimming the low branches of this tree to turn it into a natural cubby house. Its hard to get a photo of  of it but by the fence its like a leafy tunnel and the trimmed twigs and leaves have been made into cozy pretend beds.
 Today we tied up some branches and added a door made of an old cot sized sheet
 The tree is a beautiful, its a gum tree that Benny planted when he was a little boy (for those who don't know we live in Benny's parents old house)
 This tree is in a cozy little nook behind my garden shed. We have a little temporary mud pie kitchen set up back here so that the children can make pretend food to 'eat' in their little tree house (still getting around to making a propper one but in the meantime this one is rather great fun)
I love this pretty moss:)

 We have plans for a rope swing, must get some more rope

 I love seeing the dirt creations

7 comments:

  1. He looks like he is having a blast!Did you check out the Post about the dyes on my blog! they are beautiful. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like exactly the outdoor play memories I have in my head of my childhood. Mud-pies, concoctions and later perfumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tree forts are pure magic... I love it!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. it all looks so magical. dirt, trees, containers...what more does a kid need?

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! I bet I would never be able to tear my daughter away from your tree and mud pie nook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, it looks like a wonderful time!!!!!!!! awesome work:)

    ReplyDelete