8am- the littlest girl Rhylee comes. We begin the day with our morning verse-
Good morning dear earth
Good morning dear sun
Good morning dear trees
and the flowers, every one
Good morning dear animals
and birds in the tree
Good morning to you
Good morning to me
I like to stretch out as I do the actions for this so that it feels like a peaceful yoga salute to the sun. After this we go for a long walk.
![]() |
| pausing by the water on our morning walk |
9.30am- Cam and Mitch arrive.
We head outside to sing our morning verse with them and some other seasonal songs
After this I check the veggie patch, feed the chickens and rabbit etc. The littlies go off to play or help me with my jobs.
![]() |
| jumping off tree stumps at play time |
![]() |
| picking weeds for the chickens to eat |
![]() |
| baking day in our new kitchen |
After our our activity we have fruit and something else (crackers, popcorn etc) for snack time.
![]() |
| once our daily activity is over they excitedly head to the table because they know snack time is next! |
We sing-
Blessings on the blossom,
Blessings on the root,
Blessings on the leaf and stem,
Blessings on our fruit
After snack the children play inside while I one at a time help each child wash their hands and faces, go to the toilet or change their nappy
At 11.30 we start getting ready for nap
We pack up the toys singing
Were Packing up the toys,
Were Packing up the toys,
All the toys go in their baskets,
Packing up the toys
If the children aren't packing up the toys on their own I pass them toys and ask 'can you remember where these toys live' which usually gets them started
After this we sing
The Morning has ended and we've done our best
Goodbye until later and have a nice rest
When the children hear this they head to the sleep room and lay in their beds. I tuck each child in and turn our mobile so that the chickens turn gently.
I read a story until they all fall asleep.
![]() |
| cozy beds ready for sleepy heads |
*Josh arrives during nap time and stays until 10.30pm but ill save our afternoon and night rhythm for a different post







I think these are good things...Thanks for sharing all...
ReplyDeleteSorry, but is Spring beginnig now there? :0
Hugs from Italy
Silvia
This is so sweet! I love the photos - it's such a lovely little space you have. We say those same verses at home, too - I wasn't sure my girl was paying much attention to them until I heard her singing them to herself last night. :) *hugs* from me
ReplyDeleteJust came across your blog, and what a lovely blog it is, I can't wait to read more of your wonderful posts..
ReplyDelete