Monday, August 22, 2011

pictures of today

Today has been rather a productive Monday, here is some of what I got up to... 
 Hand washed lots of woolens
Took the silky chicks out for their first wander of the garden. I think they were quite impressed with life outside of their little heated box 
I soaked some grains and seeds ready for sprouting. From the left they are- wheat sprouts for the (big) chickens, alfalfa for salads, spelt for making sprouted spelt bread
 For lunch I had left over spelt pasta that I made the other day and steamed dandelion greens with tomato and zucchini sauce
 I made spelt bread, here it is rising under the warm sun outside. (in case your wondering why all the spelt, its what my naturopath has recommended for me. Luckily its yummy:)
 Here's the finished loaf and I made honey oat biscuits with lots of different seeds. Yum!
Benny's mum took me mushroom foraging. Id never been before but i love mushrooms so I've wanted to for a long time. Now that I know the spots to look I have a feeling ill be eating a lot of mushrooms!

3 comments:

  1. How I'd like to acknowledge the mushrooms!!!I love them!!!
    Anyway, your photos are always full of emotion... Beautiful!
    Hugs from Italy and from our hot summer...
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been quite busy already!

    Those chicks are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, such yummy foods! Looks like your place is the place to eat!

    ReplyDelete