Monday, September 19, 2011

Home tour- our new kitchen

The weekend has been busy and fun!
We've been un packing, spring cleaning, having friends over and of course gardening.

Here's the new kitchen. It was tidy yesterday I'm sorry you missed it:)
(I may or may not be planning to use that excuse for the rest of the house too)
 I'm loving our new little kitchen. It hasn't taken much at all to make it feel homey and warm.
 The island in the middle is on wheels so we can shift it to the most useful spot and it has a marble top so that hot food from the oven can get put straight on it. handy!

 I also love having a double sink. My aunt Jo gave me the lovely beach picture for my birthday and now finally I could put it up:)
Perhaps my favourite thing of all is having a rainwater tap. I don't miss bringing in bottles of rainwater one little bit. I use rainwater as much as possible so this really does save me a lot of effort each day. Not that I minded, but its definitely nice having it right there when I need it.
Ive been doing some more preserving and I've found some more second hand jars. I love how the jars look on top of these cupboards, they make me think of the store stump in the brambly hedge winter story book.
I can just imagine pulling them down on cold winters evenings.
I cant wait to fill them all with beautiful colours.
I also made 7 jars of sugarless strawberry honey jam which is delicious.
I think my favourite thing about providing food for the daycare children is having a constantly overflowing fruit bowl in my kitchen. Even this week when our main fruits are watermelon and strawberries (both kept in the fridge) there is still plenty to look pretty on the counter.

So there you have it, I do hope you enjoyed your tour:)

9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful kitchen you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the lightings and island! congrats karen, i cant wait to see more of your home. patience has paid off, you are finally snug inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I did enjoy it very much!! It's just as lovely as everything else you do!

    And I love the jars of goodness (and the empties) atop the cupboards. Brambly hedge is a favorite around here. I found 2 brambly hedge, English tea cups and saucers for my daughter at an estate sale. One is spring the other winter... gorgeous!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tour, your kitchen is bright and homey. I may just have to try the strawberry honey jam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks great and 7 jars of strawberry jam waiting is a treat....I think I might just try that recipe...thanks for sharing ♥Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen is looking homely and I agree about the 'store stump' - those Brambly Hedge books are so divine aren't they? I would love to live in one of the little hedge houses with the big wood stove and and all the preserved food hanging around!! Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love looking at beautiful kitchens!
    I also loved looking around your blog. Thanks so much for popping over my way so that I found out about you. I'm following to see what scrumptiousness you post about next. I am a South Aussie too, in a previous life - one of the earlier chapters (before children). Aleta ღ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the warm and homely feel of your kitchen!
    And strawberry honey jam sounds simply yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A joy to be in, lovely, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete