Thursday, September 27, 2012

Yesterday I went to Adelaide. After much excited saving I picked up a new pram for my day care. I am in love! It looks tough and durable and had the best reviews (I would know, I obsessed over this purchase as I wanted something that will last a long time) It looks like we will be leaving the house a whole lot more often from now on! I'm making it some quilted patchwork seat liners which I will show off  tomorrow when they're finished.
Its completely perfect timing as I have another baby starting care next week. She is Maddalyn's friend and the two of them are so sweet together, they toddle along together and give each other cuddles:) Her big sister will come sometimes too and it turns out she is Cameron's friend from kindy. She didn't want to leave when their visit to meet us was over so she stayed with us until home time. Always a good sign when they feel so comfortable with us:)
Yesterday was the perfect day to be in Adelaide as it was my aunt Helena's birthday. She wanted to have lunch at the beach with family and because its school holidays it worked out well that lots of my cousins could come too. Being a Thursday (and forgetting that its school holidays even though I have had Cameron on his usual kindy days because of it:) I hadn't realized that so many would be able to come so it was such a nice surprise to see everyone
It was such a perfect day for the beach, weather is still a bit hit and miss at the moment but yesterday is felt like Summer! I didn't get to stay long as I needed to go with Benny to get glasses but he can now officially drive without fuzzy eyes so as his frequent passenger I would have to say that's a good thing

4 comments:

  1. Trust me, a pram is something you NEED to obsess over before buying. I once looked after a little boy whose pram sucked. The wheels were exctly where your feet went to you stepped on the wheels with each step OR you learned to walk with your arms straight out (tiring!) and the pram far in front of you. Our stroller is going to cost a fortune but I know I will use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed, ive gone through lots of prams, only 2 of them flat out broke (one cost $300 and broke in less than a year!) but ive gone through quite a few second hand ones that just didnt work well. What pram are you getting? I got a mountain buggy with a scooter toddler board. Great for off roading and a bit of jogging if I get keen apparently:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lucky little ones to be joining Apple Blossom. I wish you were in my town as I have recently been looking for care for my little one and not overly impressed with the places I have seen so far (one lady even had the TV on for like almost 5 hours a day!!)
    I have a mountain buggy and its fabulous. I don't have scooter board but Miss 3 sits on the little foot rest thingy at the front. I probably should look into a scooter board soon as the 9 month old now loves to kick her sisters back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame you arent closer, id love to have your adorable little ones. Gosh i hope the tv is getting a good cut of her pay, sounds like its doing most of the child care! I havent put the tv on for daycare in a good few years and then it was just for the older ones at nap time. Glad your enjoying your mountain buggy, steph (lovestitches) above is also going with a mountain buggy as it turns out. weve only used the scooter board once so far but its great how it detatches as a propper scooter! A very fun and clever idea!

    ReplyDelete