Tuesday, September 4, 2012

hedge hogs and bunnies

 I had a great day visiting family yesterday and eating hot chips at the beach with Oma, Opa and Mum (forgot to get photos from mum so none to share of the day) I came home with this gorgeous fabric from my cousin lil. I couldnt resist cutting straight into it!
I was going to turn it into curtains but in the end decided to make it into a quilt. 
Its a simple whole cloth quilt so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to practice machine stippling. I did it while the Apple Blossom children were here so with the distractions its far from perfect but they enjoyed watching and with the white on white stitching mistakes don't show up too bad
Ive begun stitching on the binding although I haven't actually finished all the quilting. I'm impatient, I can never resist binding a half finished quilt!
 It looks sweet on a little bed and is perfect weight for springtime naps on the warm days to come


 the weather has been so gloriously warm, today we enjoyed short sleeves (and I enjoyed seeing them in their adorable check shirts)
lemonade anyone?

23 comments:

  1. What sweet fabric! That made such a darling quilt. Enjoy your warmer days... I'm hoping our cooler days will be coming soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yes we are soaking in the warmth with such joy, as im sure you will soon be pleased with some cool

      Delete
  2. Adorable! What a good opportunity to practice quilting. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that fabric!!! So sweet and your quilting came out beautiful. I love white fabric with sweet animals on it...you had me at hedgehog : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I still cant believe my luck at being given such a lovely big piece of it!

      Delete
  4. oh my goodness that fabric so so sweet and your home looks so beautiful and filled with love, light and comfort :-) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely material. It has a kind of vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, the pictures could easily be out of a vintage golden book

      Delete
  6. Oh, that fabric is just lovely! And it looks so sweet on that little bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your blog & your comments to Wooly Moos Roots. I would love to subscribe to your blog, but I am old & only so stuff through e mail. Thanks for sharing your life. Mary Ann Cauthen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooly moss roots is such a wonderful soulful blog:) thanks for heading over here. Im not sure how to allow people to suscribe but I will look into it as id love you to stop by again

      Delete
  8. lol I was just looking at my past Playschool posts and saw a comment from you waaaay back in April 2011! And we are both still loving the little ones left in our care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the cuttest fabric I've ever seen! But then again, I have two hedgies at home, so I may be partial to them to begin with ;) Love the end result, you did a beautiful job. Makes me wish I knew how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you really have hedge hogs?!!! wow how awesome! We don't have them in Australia but our native porcupines look similar and oh so cute too:)

      Delete
  10. wow, I didnt realise I discovered your blog that long ago! Im glad to have re found it as I love to see what you are all up to in the big gorgeous garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest fabric! No one can resist the cuteness of hedgies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best Business Investment Plan without any work, You can Invest as low as 1$ Dollar to 100$ Dollars and Get Daily profit of 10.00%, Guaranteed Payment with Minimum Earning is $1.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Want to Make Website or Software...? Any Type of Website and Software and Desktop and Web Based Applications.
    Want to Make Now, Just Contact us at Skype
    Skype : Jobz.Corner

    ReplyDelete