Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last night was my first injection.
I had been waiting to suddenly get nervous for weeks about it but my nerves only really came on the day. Even then I felt pretty good, still a bit scared but ready.
Benny has to work late all week but luckily yesterday he came home on time to help me.
Before he came home I was anxious but excited about getting my puregon pen ready, watching the instructions dvd and making sure I felt confident.
As soon as he got home I felt really nervous
I wanted to do it myself so I got it all ready. I was pleasantly surprised about how tiny the needle is compared to what I was expecting to come out of the chunky plastic case. It was so fine and small which made me feel a bit better. I put it right by my belly, pinched a bit of fat ready... and was scared so decided to wait a few moments. Many moments later Benny asked if I wanted him to push my hand in. I said no. Then I said yes. In a sec. Eventually I let him and the second it touched my skin I was relieved. It didn't hurt a bit! I had been worried that I would hate the feeling of having the medicine pushed in but it actually just felt like having water squirted on my skin, it didn't bother me at all.
Afterwards my heart was beating fast and I felt so excited that I had officially started IVF!!!
I feel so good about this, i'm trying not to get my hopes up that it will work first try, just being excited that each step is a step closer to our baby (whether it be this cycle, another or found a different way)

I was pretty proud of myself so I decided I needed something special to mark the occasion. 
I found this cute onsie that seemed like it was just about made for our one day baby who we have so far waited 5.5 years for and will happily continue waiting for until the time is right knowing this little one is so 'worth waiting for' 
If they had a onsie that said'
'worth waiting 5.5 years, trying 15 rounds of clomid, enduring a laparoscopy, ovarian drilling and IVF for' I of course would have gotten that one but I guess target was out of those so this one will have to do instead :)

I also got the blue stripey top because it was cute and $4. bargain.
My current knitting project is a baby yoda hat requested by my favorite star wars geek.
Benny showed me the pic of it on facebook and said that our baby so needs one of them. I hunted down the pattern months ago and planned to surprise him with it but he recently found it on the computer and reminded me so it's now in the works. I bought the silky merino malabrigo for another project ages ago expecting it to be a different shade so its good to find a project that bright green wool will work for. Hopefully the ears arent to floppy because of the silk, i've never used fabric softner so i'm not sure about it 's capabilities but fingers crossed it turns out ok

6 comments:

  1. Eeeeh, so exciting! That onesie is amazing :) A friend made me that hat for Hazel's first halloween, it was so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it just, I really didn't think id feel anywhere near this excited during ivf! I know the worst is yet to come but still i'm glad i'm enjoying it all so far and feeling positive. I remember that, you all had star wars costumes, they looked great. Benny would have loved them :)

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for you and Benny.
    Love the yoda hat. Does the kitty understand that he might have to share that blanket soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, my fingers are crossed too :) The poor kitty thinks he's the baby, i'm always finding him napping in the pram lol

      Delete
  3. You'll find yourself loving $4 tops when you realise you need at least 3 more than you thought each season for that first year when they grow (and stain stuff) constantly! And yoda is so happening here. Holly will like wearing big flappy yoda ears right? Now grow little eggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, hopefully soon there will be 3 little IVF babes in yoda hats (well if Hazels still fits her) Tomorrow I have first blood test and mon a scan so ill soon know how the eggies are doing, pretty exciting :)

    ReplyDelete