So i've gotten a bit behind in updating but I really want to record all the details so I can look back on them
Cycle day 8 (Mon 12th) and 10 I had bloods and scans. On Wednesday I was contacted to have no more of my usual injections and to have the trigger shot that niht instead. The trigger shot was similar feeling to puregon so not bad at all. I had heard it wasn't very nice so felt relieved once id done it.
Friday I was ready for egg collection. I was pretty scared and especially not looking forward to having an IV again but this time it was much less painful than last time. Last time it was put in the back of my hand. After it had been taken out it hurt for days but this time it was put in my elbow joint (where you have a blood test) as soon it was out it felt fine. Last time i could feel cold liquid traveling up my arm and hated it where as this time I didn't feel it at all.
When I woke up (I was out for half hour longer than usual again, they said probably because I rarely take so much as a panadol it just works extra well for me) I looked at my hand and saw that they had writted a 16 on it which meant they had gotten 16 eggs. I slowly sat up from the bed, they gave me a sandwich and drink and they got Benny to sit with me. I had 2 panadol and 2 nurofen before I left and then didn't need any more pain killers until the next day when I over did it a little going to our friends wedding.
The next day they let me know that 12 of our eggs were big enough to fertilize. Out of those 12, 3 out of 8 were inseminated and 4 out of 4 with ICSI (sperm is injected into the egg) At this point we had to wait until the following Tues for any more news on how they were progressing. It was a nervous weekend knowing they could potentially all die off

Yay, how exciting!!! Hazel was an ICSI baby :)
ReplyDeleteawesome, i'm really curious if our emby this month is ICSI or not, ill ask if s/he turns out to be our baby. Not that it matters, just because i've got time a-plenty to think of every little detail lol. Well now I know that ICSI babies are especially cute ;)
ReplyDeleteour twins were ICSI bubs too and reading your post brought all those memories back. Such an emotional time isn't it? i remember reading my arm as soon as I woke up too but my highest was 5!! LOL, 16 is so brilliant! Holding onto hope for you xxx
ReplyDelete