Wednesday, November 19, 2008

happy and sad

its officially 3 and a half weeks until i finish work. after this i will be living in my new home and have time off while i set up for day care in Wakefield. i haven't had much time off since last Christmas so im really excited and sooo excited about setting up my new house, living with benny.

im really getting impatient but also feeling like I'm not making the most of my time left here. I'm going to miss these kids here so incredibly much and i doubt ill see them very much. the saddest thing for me is that i know if i see them when their a little older they probably wont remember me. I've spent so much time with them, they are such a big part of my life, they are all so special to me. there not work for me they are honestly like family. how could i play such a big part of raising them and not get this attached? its different when one or two leave to start school or move, i don't think about it so much and just hope i see them around, but all of them at once is so hard for me.

i guess this is another reason why I'm so eager for the next few weeks to pass by. in a way i want work to be over so i don't have to spend each day with them knowing that their aren't many left. i look forward to meeting my new kids and starting again so i don't have to think of how heartbreaking it is to leave. I've been struggling a bit this week, not wanting to have them because it hurts.

but I've been trying my best to have fun, we put up the Christmas tree with mum today. and they love love love the chicks (there are 5 now, their so cute!) we even had a few little holds

this is what I've been up to in the garden this week. this used to be the bins spot, a huge waste of shade now that the weathers getting warmer. we've been shifting all my pots over to be in a cooler spot. their looking much happier already. and i can see just how many plants i have ready for our home. i cant wait to put them in the ground

the last few months Ive been growing lots of things from seed rather than getting seedlings. prior to this id always been too impatient but I'm really enjoying it. i love checking on them daily and watching them slowly emerge from the soil. i love that they teach me to be patient.
i feel like i get so much more for my money, not because i get more plants for cheaper, but because i spend more time on them which means more relaxing time. i get to see and enjoy and learn about their entire life cycle. as i nurture the seeds they nurture my soul.



and here are a few of the chickies. there are now 1 yellow, 2 white, 2 black. any name ideas?

7 comments:

  1. what about Chicken Tiny, Chicken Little, Chicken Littlest, Chicken Littler and Stuart Little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Toby, Munchkin, Lavender, Ozzy, Francine, Jack Jack, Murray, Matilda, Annabella and Ray (coz thats what my school chicky was called. Like 'ray of sunshine' lol) and if all else fails theres always Roast and KFC ha ha ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm, i may go so far as to say NO!!!!!! to roast and kfc but the others i like. chicken tiny will be the little runty one(my fav, s/hes so little:) lavendar will be the yellow one (coz s/hes pretty) the little blackies can be ozzy n jack jack (ray of sunshine is a cute name but bennys dad is called ray so that mite be kinda wierd) and the other white one can be murray and i will knit it a red jumper so its like the red wiggle murray. kidding, theres too much wiggles round here as it is, ill call it anabella.
    thanks for the naming help, without you both im pretty sure i woulda never got around to naming them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say... cluck, chick, and hummm....I can't think of a third one! Not too original, but fun nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your chicks! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so much news and soooo much cuteness!! Little chicks...very gorgeous. Congratulations on the house and I feel your mixed emotions about finishing up work....hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done nannying in the past and it is so hard to leave the little ones after being so close with them. It is a funny thing- that sort of relationship. Now as a mama I wonder if I would get a nanny for that reason- it would be sad for the child to have such a strong attachment and then have those people leave their lives. I hope this goes alright for you.

    ReplyDelete