Monday, July 26, 2010

a making weekend

Saturday morning Benny got up and went outside to finish a new fire bucket hes been working on in his spare time at work.
(Look at the pretty sparklies the angle grinder makes:)
While I sat and watched i worked on  a few dream catchers ive been making
Heres the finished fire bucket. Its a shame that the paint will soon burn off, it looks pretty with its sunshine yellow.
On sunday i had a go at making some wooden toys similar to some i'd seen on etsy. Dad leant me some vicious looking tools and i managed to use them without cutting off any fingers (although i scun my fingers a few times on the belt sander!ouch) Here they are 'naked'
And here they are painted. Painting them was realy fun, call me crazy but i like doing fidly little details
And the cute little backs.
Hope you had a great weekend

4 comments:

  1. Wow Karen these toys are really cool. Are you going to sell them? I would love to get one if you decide to . My family is participating in our first handmade holiday this year and it would be so neat to have something made by someone I know (well sort of) I love your new banner. I have always been a fan of that "hurry the timer's going off" shot in the van. Glad to see it put to good use. Don't tempt me to come visit I have always wanted to take a trip down under. It has always struck me as such an interesting country. Enjoy your fire bucket!

    Blessings,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey karen :) thankyou for your lovely comment on my blog. Cant believe i finally started it, no stopping me now!!! hehe. I love the wooden toys, they're beautiful. I try not to get callum too much plastic and he has lots of wooden puzzles and blocks etc but i think he would love a little handmade wooden car or something. What kind of wood did u use? Would love to see some photos of the dreamcatchers too, i've always wanted to make one. I've been rearranging furniture(again)lol as my stuff gets brought to the farm and we blend it with darrens. so much fun though. i love turning it into a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey babe ure toys look gr8! i want to enter ure comp but since we so close and u love me im sure u will make me 1 and that way u can keep ures for ure comp! i dnt wnt a toy i actually want a dreamcatcher they r gr8!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great job on those wooden toys and the dream catchers are lovely as well!!! How inspired.
    hank you stopping over on y blog, I do hope you find some elderberries...
    :) Christina

    ReplyDelete