My garden has come a long way since weve lived here ( I enjoy clicking on the 'garden' label to see how much its all changed!)
Slowly with much mulch, compost and manure the clay is becoming easily diggable soil in my garden beds and some things are beginning to thrive!

Most of the garden beds didnt exist when we mored in so the soil was solid and rocky and the back yard was all dirt and barkchips. They planted some plants just before we moved in in a u shape around the clothes line (in the middle of a hot summer!) and the rest I have slowly added
A 'before shot' of my day cares going green with outside toys (I havent done anything much yet). We have lots of metal and wooden baking toys in the sandpit that ive thrifted over the years but id love some other ideas for 'green' outdoor toys.
Our grass isnt quite that dead looking but I always have that little transition time between my cool weather watering and warm weather watering.
During cool weather I do it all with my watering can using rain water while our tank is being regularly filled. during this time I only need to water pots and veggie plants.
Then warm weather comes back and the lawn starts looking like the picture above! I figure it needs a regular soaking with the hose! All the natives that our landlord planted are now well established and tolerate little water but they grow like crazy when they get their occasional drink







Stumps,sunflower house,outdoor chalkboards. I could go on. I too have a family child care program and slowly have been getting rid of the plastic
ReplyDeleteYour yard looks great with all the plants you have planted so far. Those children you look after are so lucky!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so refreshing :) That's why I left you a little award over at my blog ...
ReplyDelete