Perfect for this poor doll who has been a little lacking in the hair department since I made him weeks ago.
I decided to try a crochet wig this time as the girl dolls hair is stitched on and she still has bald spots as i got sick of sewing the hair on!
You can spot my days progress (in between playing with 4 kidlets) in the pics down below
Yesterday we had some messy play with mud. Mud pies+mud boat rivers=fun!
I bought this doll house off ebay and it came with ...
A high chair,A rocking cradle, and a matching ironing board and iron which didn't make it into the pic. I got it all for $35 which I thought was fantastic.
I only wanted the doll house and thought Id opp shop the rest as we wouldn't fit it anywhere but when I went to pic it up it all looked much nicer than it had in the photos so I shifted things around and managed to fit it all in!
The kids love it all! All day they took care of the dolls and re-arranged the couple of pieces of doll house furniture that came with it.
The varnish on it all is quite worn out so I polished the doll house with beeswax polish and it came up beautifully. I think ill leave a basket of sandpaper in the play area so that we can slowly sand off the old varnish an paint as we go.






Wow...Well your cashmere merino yarn looks amazing especially on that little cutie. Who knew mud could be such fun. Oh and the doll house is just darling as well as the other goodies you got and all for $35? ...wow
ReplyDeleteDo you mind sharing your pattern for the doll? I have a pattern I've found but want to explore a little before I get started, I want to make Hazel one for her birthday. How long did it take you?
ReplyDeleteWow, what an eBay find! Beautiful job on the doll...
ReplyDeleteHi Karen ... your dolls are lovely... we made waldorf dolls a few weeks ago they are sooo fun! I left you a message on the other blog as well, but i will leave it here too. As you know, i too have a dayhome here in Canada... i was wondering if you are interested in being "dayhome pen pals" we could send you some things for a geography box for your little ones to explore, and write letters with the children... the learning experiences might be really great ! Pop over to my blog and let me know if you are interested at all... sorry for leaving this message on both blogs ... i tend to be a bit of an overachiever... lol lol
ReplyDeletelight and peace
dawn
Hi - gorgeous doll and what a fab bargain. We had muddy soup today too - after the cranberry fish! xx
ReplyDeleteThe Interrupted Gardener
Hi Karen ! Oh i am sooo happy you like the idea of the little ones being pen pals ! We will gather up some "very" Canadian things and send them off ! We will start on it next week ! This is gonna be SO fun for the children ! Thanks for being so open to the idea !
ReplyDeletelight and peace ! my email address is dawn38@telus.net - email me your address and we can get started !
dawn
hey! i thought this might be the best place to contact you. our holiday is amazing! were having the best time. ive sent dad emails detailing everything weve done if you wanna know whats been happening and theres a little bit on facebook. ill put up some pics soon too.
ReplyDeletejust wondering what shorts size benny is, i wanted to get his a prezzy and they have lots of nice boardies here. do you think he would like that? got him a top already, shhhh its a secret tho. got you lots some will have to be for xmas tho coz you have been spoilt! so fun shopping here and bartering for bargains and you would be so so jealous of the beach and some of the islands weve been too they are like nothing ive ever seen just beautiful!!! see you in just over a week xoxoxo
Wow! That is a great bargain! Those beautiful toys are going to a deserving place though. I imagine they'll get lots of love.
ReplyDeleteOMG I am so green at your thrifty finds well done :) Love the sandpaper idea...sooo interactive :)
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lucky find, it looks beautiful!
ReplyDeletewhat a bargain!! it looks great and the sandpaper idea is great too.
ReplyDelete