Monday, November 22, 2010

Right now im loving

Knitting light airy cotton
Crunching cool crisp cucumbers
Feet in the kids little pool (and recycling its water after use by bucketing it onto my plants)
My good friend the air conditioner 

Sweet sounds of our new wind chime dancing in the warm breeze
Ice in drinks. Crunching ice. Water 'icy poles'. Kids playing with ice. Did I mention that we like ice over here?
The promise of a day off on Sunday (by then I will have worked 13 long days straight. Really must learn to say no occasionally...)
On Sunday I plan to sit in my hammock chair with my feet in a bucket of water and do nothing all day long

Mmm, fresh fruit from our little corner shop. In case your wondering yes that is an icy pole cooling my drink, like I said ice disappears around here!
Oh yes, summer I can tell your near. This mug is from the opp shop, the back is a winter even cuter

5 comments:

  1. love the mug...
    we are drinking smoothies, putting ice in everything, freezing water bottles and i have resisted the airconditioner, but we have dragged out the fans instead - but I might have to relent and plug the air con in.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, summer is fast approaching but I do dream of a wintry Christmas. You must be looking forward to Sunday!!!

    Until then have a wonderful week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great mug ! Karen i have posted pics of the little waldorf doll i am sending from our dayhome to yours... her name is Tahlula and the children are very excited to send her in our first envelop to you so she can visit Australia let me know where to send it !
    light and peace
    my email is dawn38@telus.net
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, summer! what a beautiful thought..it is so cold here! send us some sunshine, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous summer you're having! As a southern hemisphere dweller, I spend a lot of the pre-christmas season torturing myself by reading beautiful wintery blogs and envying the snow and cosiness! It's lovely to begin reading yours and find someone else embracing summer in these later months!

    ReplyDelete