Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Tuesday!

 Just a few things that are happening over here on this sunny Tuesday-
Ive finished this rather adorable rainbow cardi for our dolly using the cotton I dyed here (I think I need to make some more, its so happy looking:)
 The blanket pictured is almost ready for the shop (just the binding to go) I'm loving making things for dolls, Its like making things for people but oh so much faster!
 On the shop note I came up with an idea that I'm digging.
Now that I'm getting plenty of daycare work I dont need the money for myself  so all the money that I make in my shop is going to go towards natural day care supplies!
I cant wait to get us some water colour paints (the ones you put in jars) and kite paper to make window stars. Ive been eying off a few ostheimer toys that id love to get too.
I'm excited about this as I'm really passionate about buying quality over quantity (a value drumbed into me throughout my childhood by my dad. OK Dad, job done I'm thoroughly brain washed:)
I feel like this a great way to not have to feel guilty for spending more than 'necissary' on special things, as its bonus money.
Seems I do lots of my crafting with the kids about and they like to help with bits and pieces this seems like a perfect idea. So now I have new crafty motivation ill be adding a few more shop items here and there.
Oh and Ive discovered that I can get toys at 15% off from a great natural toy shop as I get a schools and child cares discount (yipe!) Its on orders over $200 so it will take a while to save up but I cant wait ($30 in the kitty so far)
 
 Each time Hansi comes she notices straight away whats new and sais 'Karen I luuv that!' (so adorable:) Id had a go at some star lanterns (just with regular paper to try them ) and she of course loved them so we made some together
 Mine look nice up here (on top of the book shelf)
And Hansi's are here as shell bowls

10 comments:

  1. I'm envious in so many ways. I'm envious that you can dye yarn that beautiful, knit so lovely, and I want that doll's sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so wonderful Karen, I love you beautiful things which are so good for precious little ones.

    Have a day filled with sunshine. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's the "proper" way to do it, but to make those watercolor paints I mix the squeze tube water colors with water. My older boys *love* it. You could probably ask on freecycle for any leftover tubes that people don't want (I live in a college town so there is never any shortage of art students who don't want/need their leftovers).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is a wonderful idea! I love the happy rainbow cardi and mini quilt!
    They are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I ove the sweet colors of these cute little baskets!
    Happy hugs for a wonderful Wednesday.
    Enjoy your morning cup while I'm enjoying my last evening cup ;)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweet little sweater you knitted for the doll. I to, love to make things for dolls...so much quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cardi. I am going to make a doll for my 18 month old for christmas and might need to enlist my mums help to knit a cardi now - so inspiring. Can I ask about how you dyed the wool??
    Will we see these in your shop soon?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your lovely blog via Natural suburbia. I totally agree, when it comes to kids supplies, quality over quantity wins every time in my books. The doll cardigan looks lovely, the colours are just stunning. I did that same pattern recently and it was a great little knit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these beautiful treasures you've created for your family. It's so inspiring to see!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ronnie, good luck making your daughters doll! Next time I dye some rainbow wool il try to remember to take photos of the process to share. Id love to make some rainbow doll cardies for my shop but I dont think ill have time to make them before Christmas

    ReplyDelete