Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The last few evenings ive been...

 spinning,
 knitting, and taking care of my little buddy Josh.
Each weeknight ill be having him until 10pm for Bennys work friend (thats what time they both finish work) and quite honestly I was dreading it but it turns out that its deffinately changing my evenings for the better.
Rather than finishing work and zoning out in front of the tv and not getting around to tea until late (at which time cereal sounds like a desirable dinner) ive been taking my knitting outdoors to watch him and cooking healthy meals to enjoy together. Weve both been enjoying lighting a candle for tea time and im going to find a nice waldorf mealtime blessing to make the meal extra special:) As much as structure and routine is good for children, I think its good for adults too
 so the knitting- my blanket's coming along nicely, im loving how its turning out! I did end up un-raveling it to make it less wide and im so glad I did (you know, now that its re-knitted I can admit that:)
Its made of a super soft organic merino, I cant wait to snuggle under it this winter!
You can probably notice that as I go along the orange lines are getting thinner and thinner:) meanwhile im loving it more and more

 Im thinking these two colours would make a beautiful stripey scarf together. hmm... (the only reason I was able to resist the earge to cast on for another project right away was because the knitting needles I want to use for it are already in use)
 (oh so soft and cudly:)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like perfect evenings. I always find it hard to stick to a routine in summer - the lure of the outdoors breaks down and structures we had in place.
    I love the look of your blanket. We really need to catch up so we can compare craft items
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen that sounds like a lovely little evening ritual you have going there! Look at those sweet little hands holding th knitting needles! I am in love with those colours and how deliciously soft they look. I havent been here in a little while so am glad to catch up on some of your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bec was commenting on the little hands holding the knitting needle I was going to do the same the wool looks wonderful on only gets the wool with these bubbles when one has just started but the wool looks very good Monique has her birthday party on Sunday it would be lovely to see you Your mum will also be in town meeting Anneke Keep on spinning and knitting it is quite relaxing love Oma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I think structure is good for adults too. I notice when my husband is gone, I don't have as much structure and I can definitely be grumpy and out of it without my structure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen,
    Your spinning looks fantastic and the pastel colours are just lovely. Thank you for linking to woolly Wednesday. Next link-up will be next month - 6 April - first Wednesday each month. So lovely to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours and the little hands holding the needles are just so sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm Bethany, aka Rutabagagirl. I stumbled upon your blog at Wooly Wednesdays, and like it. I am a Christian but like permaculture, gardening, spinning, etc. and you said to leave a comment, so here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blanket looks soft and cuddly and I think you just inspired my day!

    ReplyDelete