I have dyed some wool so that I can spin with pretty colours. Even more fun:)
Yesterday I had a quiet day care day so I was able to do some spinning while the two children played together. It was cute to see them look up from their play now and then and be completely mesmerised by the spinning wheels movement:) I made this small skein of blue yarn and washed it, let it dry stretched around a chair and now it is ready to knit into something.
Ive had some wonderful spinning wheel luck too. You know how I mentioned last post that I wanted a few more bobbins? Well my Oma found a bobbin from when she used to spin and gave it to me (Yay, thanks so much Oma, its going to come in so handy!)
I have also begun spinning some pink (oh how i love the shade this pink turned out)
Here is a seed stitch scarf that I have begun to knit with my first ever spun yarn! Ill be looking forward to cool weather now that's for sure.
Now that I know how to spin I have come up with a rather grand plan. Ive wanted to knit a small blanket for on my lap for a while but it was going to be incredibly expensive. Now I will be able to make a blanket for much cheaper! Although don't expect to see the finished blanket anytime soon, who knows how far my enthusiasm will take me. I cant wait to get it started.
This week has been rather a relaxed pace work-wise with children going back to kindy and a few absent on various days. I'm enjoying the slower pace and feeling more relaxed within myself. Things just seem to be flowing well in our days.
Today we have a new 17month old girl, Rhylee. She has gone so well for her first day and I expected her to need some extra help getting to sleep for her first nap here but as soon as I put her down she rolled over and closed her eyes, it was as easy as that. I guess we wore her out well this morning!
I can relax even more now. I always get a little nervous having new children on their first day as it can be difficult meeting every ones needs and keeping everyone happy.
Only a few more hours until the weekend and we will be going to the beach!
Have a happy Friday xo



Just look at your gorgeous spinning! You keep going. You are doing so fantastically well. Hooray!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous wool Karen!!! :) Can't wait to see what you do with it. Your lil daycare is looking so good. I wish Callum could go to your place instead of kindy. Have a great time at the beach, hope the weather is nice for you xo
ReplyDeleteYour spinning looks fantastic
ReplyDeleteLovely spun yarn and the colors are beautiful. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteOh, I am so glad to find your blog via the magic onions! Your spinning looks lovely. I look forward to seeing your future projects.
ReplyDeleteNice spinning and your scarf looks great too, seed stitch is one of my favorites, love the texture!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on learning how to spin. Your yarn is lovely.
ReplyDeletelovely ..... gave you a blog award today -- enjoy xoxo
ReplyDeleteoooh,congratulations! I have a drop spindle, and I hope to learn to spin soon. Your scarf is just beautiful. It will be so rewarding when you can wrap up in your first completed project and keep warm!
ReplyDeleteLovely yarn - I love the colours too.
ReplyDeleteOh, and you're right - spinning can become very addictive! :)
I told you how relaxing spinning can be and it is not even difficult to learn what about the leather that is supposed to go around the wheel I might go and see if they have something at spinners and weavers.fialit
ReplyDelete