Tuesday, February 15, 2011

thrifted woolen cardies

 Here's the two cardies that I opp shopped the other week. This one is black Merino, super soft and a perfect fit! Ive been wearing it every chance I get (although it doesn't stay on long in this weather)
 This is the lambs wool one. When I said it fitted I meant a saw potential.
I contemplated felting it a little to make it a better fit but I loved the sleves the size they were so instead I took in the seams a few cm on the trusty sewing machine.
Its probably hard to see the difference propperly in my mirror self-portrait but im so much happier with it now!
Oh, and this pics just for the cute rabbit factor:)

8 comments:

  1. oh i can see the difference and i think it brilliant!! i don't know that i would have thought to do that but i am so inspired!

    i love the look of those yarns and would like to cuddle up with them and that sweet bunny for a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute bunny
    i think i want one too now :)
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both look lovely! That bunny is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely and I love the bunny!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice finds and great job tailoring! Your little bun-bun is a sweeite, make me miss my Mrs. Wiggles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both fabulous! And the little bit of tailoring does show.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've done with the longer cardie, the style really suits you.

    ReplyDelete